Had a terrible nightmare!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should know how, but if someone is bothered by talking about it and asks nicely to stop then I don't think we should continue to talk about it. I'm okay with culling but I do not want someone telling me about killing their pets and eating them for dinner.

But if someone politely asks you to stop talking about the subject... Then stop. Everyone has different values, so respect the starter of the thread...

Please try to understand where the OP is coming from. They were frightened and looking for reassurance and instruction. You gave your input, they responded saying that it wasn't what they were looking for. You had already made your point. There was no need to continue pushing the matter.

Okay, here we have the usual "respect my views but I won't respect yours". Unless this is rewritten into a "pets only" forum, then people who raise ducks for purposes other than pets should be allowed to post. Yes, some of you may find that offensive. As noted, you don't have to read the posts. Just write down the names of the evil, nasty people who raise ducks for food and skip their posts. I raise ducks and have eaten some of them. They are for bug and weed control. I do not abuse the ducks--they are treated very well. They have a secure pen, are fed on a regular basis, have clean water and so forth. They do not have names because they are not pets. Just because someone has ducks for the reason people have kept ducks for centuries does not mean they abuse their ducks. So, when looking at nasty comments, I see nasty in yours for accusing people of being mean because they are not like you. I respect that you have a duck for a pet--that's your choice. Now, please stop making the choice for everyone.

As for the original question, breaking the neck or snapping the spine is considered humane in California, so it's probably acceptable everywhere. If you are not totally grossed out, removing the head with an sharp blade (trying to be sensitive as possible here) is very quick and very effective. Sometimes we have to deal with the realities of severely injured animals. If you can't do this, then take the animal to someone who can.

Troll fight! place your bets on which internet fuled extremist gives up first. my ol fashioned farmer caves to rich fluffy bunny.

i spend more to feed even the dogs that protect my stock than some worth. my scovy duck show a lot of personally. my KCs show non.. they just run in circles all day and night till they colapse, one has and does run up to me on occasion then decides to run screaming back to rest then they all run around smashing into things and each other screaming, only stoping to eat drink sleep, or run from and chase rabbits. so maybe ol fashion farmer hasnt had access to loving interesting stock (or doesn't care or is terribly un observant).
so on with the troll wars. lol

Troll fight! place your bets on which internet fuled extremist gives up first. my ol fashioned farmer caves to rich fluffy bunny.

i spend more to feed even the dogs that protect my stock than some worth. my scovy duck show a lot of personally. my KCs show non.. they just run in circles all day and night till they colapse, one has and does run up to me on occasion then decides to run screaming back to rest then they all run around smashing into things and each other screaming, only stoping to eat drink sleep, or run from and chase rabbits. so maybe ol fashion farmer hasnt had access to loving interesting stock (or doesn't care or is terribly un observant).
so on with the troll wars. lol

lol!!

Indyrun, I do not support battery farming, I have free range ducks and my horses live on open pasture, not stalled. This is a working farm, and I take very good care of my birds, if you would bother to check the posts I have made on feeding, etc. I just do not have any emotional attachment to them, nor do I need to in order to give them good care. You might refrain from making rude comments about people you have never met and have no knowledge of how their stock is raised. That's just insulting on your part. I, on the other hand, have insulted nobody. You should be ashamed.

I think the point here is that the OP in no way asked nicely and was very rude when someone with a diff opinion stated their beliefs!  Saying "thanks but these are pets to me and eating them offends me" is much politer then what was said! 

It may not have been the nicest way but it could have been a lot worse. Don't you agree? I live in the suburbs of TN and there was a sick baby skunk that I had to call a friend to cut the head off because the wildlife rescue wouldn't come humanely dispose of it.

If I had posted in a different forum: "What do I do?" And someone started telling me that I was disgusting for wanting it dead, I would get a little bit defensive and ask them to stop... I probably would not say: "This offends me, please stop" I might be a little aggressive because they are being that way with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom