1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

had my 3 week surgery check up yesterday

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by eggcited2, Dec 1, 2011.

1. eggcited2

eggcited2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Illinois
    Saw my orthopedic surgeon yesterday for the 3 week check in for the total knee replacement surgery. The doc was super happy with everything. Incision is healing great, swelling is almost all gone, and I was able to go see him using a cane instead of having to use the walker. Not 100% off the walker, but am using the cane about half the time.

My physical therapist says I am doing fantastic and even ahead of time on some of the things. I've been bending at 115 degrees for over a week now, and the other day did 117 degrees three times in a row.

Have been off prescription pain meds since Saturday. The doc said that is unusual at only three weeks. I do take Arthritis Strength Tylenol once or twice a day, but pain is not bad too often anymore.

2. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    So glad to hear you are doing so well. That particular surgery (I hear) is not a pleasant one. Stay well and keep it up!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by