Had One hatch!!!!!!

tbauer

Hatching
7 Years
May 15, 2012
Hey everyone just had 1 chick hatch it was awesome . But still have a question here are still 2 eggs in the one pip one hasn't do I do anything with the hatched one or it's egg shell or just wait until they all hatch thanks

hi tbauer--

sorry that this post has been here for 9-hours without an answer. By now your eggs have probably all hatched. Keep the chicks warm and that probably means in the incubator, until they are fully fluffed, and then move to the brooder. It's better not to open the incubator--but sometimes you have to in order to remove a chick etc.

Just had a hatch on Friday---so I know what you are 'going through'.
Congratulations on the chicks.

Congrats on the new chicks! I have one hatched as well, and my second egg has pipped. so I share your eggcitement :D

Well we had another hatch so 2 hatched and one still just pipped has been popped since around noon yesterday hasn't made much difference yet should I help him??

I'd not rush to help the one which has pipped. Just be patient...from what I've read here, and my experience with my first baby, pip happens, then they will rest/absorb yolk for 24 or more hours sometimes, before they hatch. In my opinion, helping may be more damaging than good in most cases. Go out, go shopping or something, and walk away from the bator :D I might do just that myself today

Hopefully someone who has a lot more hatching wisdom than I will chirp up with that info for you. I think I'd worry once it's gone past the 24 or so hours..maybe even 30, and you don't see any progress. I'm afraid at that point, I'd be tempted to candle really really quickly (I know, against all the advise about NOT opening the incubator) and check for movement and such. Even I would be ready to lend the little guy a hand at that point, if it looked like it was in distress. I dunno...I'm more likely to let them work it out on their own, and since you've had one little one hatch sucessfully, your conditions are right..you should be fine :)

Well we had another hatch so 2 hatched and one still just pipped has been popped since around noon yesterday hasn't made much difference yet should I help him??
If it hasn't made progress for 20+ hours it may need help. Open the eggshell a bit, check for blood, if nothing, open it enough so the chick can get out. Don't take it out of the shell, just open it enough so the chick can kick to off when it's ready.

They are hatched and doing great thanks guys for everything cute little guys lol

Back
Top Bottom