Had to put my Shephard pup down today :/

Hunny

Songster
9 Years
Feb 22, 2010
I'm heart broken, but it was something we couldnt get around.

Panzer (full bred german shephard) had an enlarged esphagus. He wasnt gaining any weight, throwing up throughout the day/night, malnurshed, and beginging to get agreesive with food.
We tried everything to :fix: him, and sadly there is no surgery or meds that can help. We were even puree'ing his food three times a day (soft medicated food pureed'). Nothing was helping, and the last few days he had to spend in his kennel or outside, there was just so much throwing up.
hmm.png

Ahh I cant stop crying tonight. Poor little guy, he was SO good with my childern and cats and in the house. He didnt derseve that.
It was my first experience with euth. (?spelling), and I hope my last.

Hopefully culling and eating chickens isnt this rough.

hugs.gif
so sorry; I know how your heart feels. I've been through the euthanasia route more times than I care to think about. Try to be comforted by knowing you did all you could do, and that for his time on this earth, your dog knew he was loved, cared for, and secure. Many never get to experience that, and you gave all those things to him. When the time is right, honor his memory by sharing your love with another pet who deserves the same chance at a happy life. Again, my condolences.

Wow, it's always tough to have to euthanize a puppy.It sounds like you made the right decision, though. I'm sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

I also had to put my dog down today. It was and still is horrible, there's just no words. She was a 9yr old purebred Rottweiler, she's always had skin problems(very common) but the Bone Cancer came on fast, in about a weeks time, she had an x-ray today to confirm and i just couldnt see letting her suffer anymore, all she was doing was sleeping and staying in the bedroom, she even lost about 15lbs. Cancer is also very common in Rotties but it's still not easty to swallow, she was my baby and it all happened too fast & too soon.

We brought her home and made her a spot with 2 of our past dogs..we'll be making a headstone for her soon.

I'm so sorry for your loss & know just how you feel.
hit.gif
hugs.gif
sad.png

Last edited:
I am so, so sorry for your loss - I know how much it hurts, that puppy had the best life he could have ever had with you, and you know you did everything you could

Very sorry for the losses suffered by previous posters, my heart aches for both of you.

Back
Top Bottom