Half way there!!!

JeffPr

Songster
Apr 1, 2023
Cornish cross are 1/2 way to butcher!
Just in time. My freedom rangers will be here soon......

Attachments

• 962BD83C-129F-4680-BB6E-5513E7C250FC.jpeg
    962BD83C-129F-4680-BB6E-5513E7C250FC.jpeg
    645.8 KB · Views: 102
Looking great! My CX will be 4 weeks tomorrow. Yours look a little bigger than mine, but I am doing an experiment where I feed them 18% protein from start to finish so it's to be expected. I'm interested to see what they are at 8 weeks compared to the last batch. These were my guys this morning.
signal-2023-04-21-16-35-59-783.jpg

Have you done the Rangers before? I was thinking of trying those for next fall. I know they take a little longer but someone was saying to my fiance that they think the meat is tastier.

Looking great! My CX will be 4 weeks tomorrow. Yours look a little bigger than mine, but I am doing an experiment where I feed them 18% protein from start to finish so it's to be expected. I'm interested to see what they are at 8 weeks compared to the last batch. These were my guys this morning.
View attachment 3476117

Have you done the Rangers before? I was thinking of trying those for next fall. I know they take a little longer but someone was saying to my fiance that they think the meat is tastier.
This will be my first try with the FRs .
They do take longer than CX but they can get a good amount of their feed by free ranging. And I have plenty of pasture for them to range. I have also heard some think they taste better too.

Next year , I am doing my meat birds later. Will probably get chicks in June/July

This will be my first try with the FRs .
They do take longer than CX but they can get a good amount of their feed by free ranging. And I have plenty of pasture for them to range. I have also heard some think they taste better too.

Next year , I am doing my meat birds later. Will probably get chicks in June/July
Sounds good. Let us know how things turn out with your CX and Rangers!

Back
Top Bottom