Halloween Hatch-A-Long 2017

I am at a complete loss. I can't figure out why.
I set my eggs on the 10th of October. Exactly at 12:02 am with hopes of an early hatch on October 31.
Today is the 29th and I have 7 of them running around in the bator. 2 unzipping and 3 external pips.
I am exhausted from all the chores this weekend and now I have I super successful early hatch-o-rama going down... I want to sleep!
:barnie:celebrate:barnie
20171029_220132.jpg

Tag... I'm out!
All done.. complete.. dust has cleared & here are the stats.
31 eggs set on the 10th.
10 removed upon candle.
Left 21 positive alien pods...

Most of the hatching took place on day 19...
Day 20, about 4-5 hatched
SOCCER BALL CITY.
2 roll over drowned peeps
3 quiters/internal peeps
I believe the rapid hatch knocked them silly.
All in all, 17 out of 21 are super healthy and no complications. All running/churping/eating starter now.
20171031_113804.jpg

These are all barn yard mixes. All from my total rangers. I try to take some individual pics here later.
20171031_113817.jpg

The whole batch was sold before they hatched. I have a customer who wanted young chicks for their family to raise from the start. I sent them pics of the candles and the hatching to show off to their kids to get them into the whole chicken hatching experience.
They will pick them up in a couple days.
This is my last batch until spring. Too cold for outdoor transition and hard enough to sell my previous batches this time of year.

<iframe width="460" height="215" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Oh perfect! I just noticed that my lil' Poncho (Ponchi) was acting 'off' so when I was getting some fresh straw for the ladies I heard someone scream and it honestly frightened me to death.. turned out it was Ponchi who decided to set without telling me right.. above... the barn door... (Which is more then 15 feet high) Ain't she swell? :th Well me using my ninja skills climbed over to her and found 9 eggs under her. 2 looked freshly laid. 4 were are starting starting to form, and 3 are rotten. Now the thing is we haven't had any roosters for over 2 weeks for sure-well we DO have have an EE rooster (Duck) whose over four months old but I SWEAR! he is The biggest wimp ever! he wont even mess with my bantams but i guess we'll see. If the chicks have pea combs then Duck's busted. If they have feathered legs then its from our lil brat banty roo we got rid of over 2 weeks ago...We'll see!

i broke a broody spitzhauben that was on 19 eggs :rolleyes:
and last night i found roadrunner sitting on 10, and she a tiny little oegb mutt

i told them no more mutts! and took away all the eggs :oops:
i am sure one of them will try to go broody for the 10th but i dont want to set anything, but if my calls are laying by then (which they shouldnt be) i will stick some under and pretend i couldnt find the missing bird and thought for sure that she got eaten

no honey, i have no idea where those babies came from :confused:

Back
Top Bottom