Halloween Hatch-A-Long 2017

It delays hatch a bit too, which improves results.
Good to know for next time :thumbsup

So of the 13 eggs left, 12 have pip’ed completely, but one little bugger pip’ed on the side of the egg, not in the air cell. I made an air hole on the large end to help him out and see what’s going on. He is alive and chirping loud! Louder than the rest, but it looks like there is blood. He might’ve popped through a blood vessel. Hopefully he makes it:fl

Ok 4 turkey eggs and 22 chicken eggs in lockdown
20171029_203156.jpg
I think there are only 4 extera thermometers in there....... lol
I was surprised to see that 3 of the turkey eggs are starting to shadow so I hope that is a good sign

EAC9F72B-8575-4585-BABD-B8A6973EA535.jpeg
I see others drop the temp down a bit. I haven't in the past when I stagger hatch. I may have done it for my last hatch but I can't remember the outcome...lol.

I'd try trimming the tape close to the egg and probably do as WVduckchick has suggested. In the past if I had an egg that is cracked/more exposed/experienced more water loss...I put it in a small container with a damp paper towel and a sandwich baggie loosely over the top to hold higher humidity. I've found that successful...but I also don't have a turner in mine.

You're just all ahead of yourself Connie!!:clap
Mine are coming a long early as well!
16 eggs- 9 polish (bantam frizzle), 7 serama
2 polish have hatched and 2 are pipped. The seramas might be a day late?! But I’ll be getting babies all week the way I set this stagger up. At the end of the I have LF tolbunt polish hatching.

Back
Top Bottom