Halloween Hatch-A-Long 2017

Pics
:hugs i dropped a flashlight on a turkey egg my last incubation, it died :hit it happens to us all :hugs
When my Husband and I candle our eggs, he passes me the eggs one by one. I do the candling he does the quick lid up/down & replacing them into the incubator.
We tend to both double hand them and slowly hand them off with a firm grip to prevent dropping them.
Awhile back, upon passing one---we had a soft shell that broke into pcs on a day 18. It was terrible. Thank goodness the lights were off in the room. It kicked for about 5 seconds and off to heaven it went.

YOUR piggies?????? :wee
Yes but that litter is close to 75# now. Not cute any more. lol
Setting up the second incubator for lockdown
I miss my #2 & #3 bators.. they quit on me. We were hatching 3 times a month. Although it was a blessing because sales dropped and I can hardly re home the chicks from a single batch anymore.
I don't have any liquid bandage so I used clear polish to hopefully seal
I have used a mini hot glue gun with success in recent past. The mini sticks don't get as hot as the standard sticks. Blow on the micro bead and it cools so fast. Far less toxic as tape adhesive or nail polish.
I usually heat water before even adding it to an incubator.
I only add H2O at lock down & it is hot water right out of our tap. We live in a rain forest. I run dry bators until day 18.5

When my Husband and I candle our eggs, he passes me the eggs one by one. I do the candling he does the quick lid up/down & replacing them into the incubator.
We tend to both double hand them and slowly hand them off with a firm grip to prevent dropping them.
Awhile back, upon passing one---we had a soft shell that broke into pcs on a day 18. It was terrible. Thank goodness the lights were off in the room. It kicked for about 5 seconds and off to heaven it went.
Oh no! That would freak me out big time! :eek: If any don't make it I don't think I'll have the guts to even open em up.

I have used a mini hot glue gun with success in recent past. The mini sticks don't get as hot as the standard sticks. Blow on the micro bead and it cools so fast. Far less toxic as tape adhesive or nail polish.

I have a mini hot glue gun, but thought that would be too hot. I will keep that in mind in case this happens again. I used my OPInmatte finish only because it dries kinda similar to an egg shell. More of a powdery finish. I candled this morning and it is still alive and moving thankfully

Back
Top Bottom