1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Halloween :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cmcgoun, Aug 7, 2008.

1. cmcgoun

cmcgoun Chillin' With My Peeps

I know it seems early, but I was wondering if any of you decorate your house for Halloween? I throw together a huge haunt and have the scariest house in the neighborhood!

2. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

I LOVE halloween. In Cherryville there is a street where everyone decorates and they go all out...I swear it looks like a seen from night of the living dead. They use manquins(sp?) and it is CREEPY! I love decorating for halloween and fall.
    My daughters fav show is A Haunting.

3. Chicky Joy

Chicky Joy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    I bought a ton of decorations last year. I couldn't afford to buy all new decorations in just one year so I bought a ton from a woman who decided she was going to downsize her yearly decorations. From now on I'll just buy a piece here and there to add to my collection. I think I already have more decorations for Halloween than I do for any other holiday.

My mother-in-law has a lot more decorations than me. She decks her house out every year. She sews around 20 or so costumes every year. One of her groups always wins the contest at the bar. This year she's doing her own party. Should be fun. She's already been working on it for over a week.

4. cmcgoun

Oh yay! Its my favorite holiday! I use the forum called Halloween Forum it has a ton of ideas!

5. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    I love Halloween....Even had a party last year. I have people asking me already if i am having one this year. It was a blast.
    I have two boys and they love me to decorate the yard and house too.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  6. ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Saint Cloud Florida
    HALLOWEEN!!! Not only is it my favorite day of the year, it is my anniversary, which is also my favorite day of the year!! I decorate like crazy, but really, my house is decorated for halloween ALL year!!

7. cmcgoun

Wow I didnt know so many people liked Halloween!

8. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Ooooooh my favorite day of the year [​IMG] I'm not sure how I'll decorate this year, but All Hallow's Eve is definitely a fave here [​IMG]

9. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Halloween rox, I was supposed to be born on the 31st but my mom went into labour early [​IMG]
    We deco for it and usually deco the dogs crates and bunny's cages.
    Here is Lucy's cage last year:

[​IMG]

10. denahli

denahli Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    We don't decorate as we are too secluded for Trick or Treaters.

so instead we go to Salem, MA for the day! FUN [​IMG]

HEY IDEA!!! a BYC meetup in salem halloween week...lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by