halo for my hair

goldenluver

Songster
10 Years
May 20, 2009
Springfield, Oregon
I had posted this in the crafting thread a few months ago, now I have taken pics of how I do it.

here goes

before
31900_dsc02224.jpg

first twist and wrap
31900_dsc02227.jpg

31900_dsc02227.jpg

during
31900_dsc02229.jpg

31900_dsc02232.jpg

31900_dsc02233.jpg

ending it
31900_dsc02237.jpg

done
31900_dsc02239.jpg

now after a few days I take it out and it is in spiral curls, usually I dampen my hair as I wrap it up. and the halo works on hair just past the shoulders.
no hair pins to hold it, it is soft enough that I can still put a motor cycle helmet on my head.

Last edited:
What do you do with the ends of each section to keep them up there? My hair is so fine I know it would just slip back out if I didn't use pins or something.

I'd love to try that, but am not sure how you go about securing one section of hair to the next, or how you secure the last section. Where do you get the 'halo'? Do you have a pic of your hair after you've taken it down?

I make the halos, I sell them for $8.00 each

here is a pic of my hair after 2 days of being put up, and it was not as damp as I usually make it when I put my hair up so the curls are loser than normal
31900_dsc02247.jpg

Quote:
My hair is ultra fine also, and I am a person who's hair grows only to a short length. So now I am just jealous of GoldenLover's long gorgeous hair. And the color of her hair is beautiful.

my hair is fine too, if you hadn't noticed that the wraps seem a little thin for such long hair.

I was never able to grow my hair this long until I made it a permanent habbit to put my hair up all the time.

edited to add, my hair color comes from a blend of 4 bottles, otherwise it would be mostly grey

Last edited:
Quote:
You are a master of color, then! I can usually spot a 'bottle' girl a mile off, and I thought yours was natural
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom