Hamburg thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by caral07, Jul 27, 2010.

1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

i can tell now this isnt pure lol, it stands up straight like a game bird and carrys its wings low to the ground. Its feathers are solid black and it just dont look very hamburgish to me lol

2. annabell254

annabell254 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2012
    south Ga
    My babies are almost 5 weeks old!!!! and out of 6 strait run only one has a huge red comb! he started like the day after his 3 week picts were taken and now it is huge and did I say RED!...He was my one darker one and is almost solid black except for his wings (which look normal) and tiny flecks of white here and there....none of the rest have any color yet in there comb, they are also more typically colored though, I dont know it that has anything to do with it or not...is it possible that I got 5 girls and only 1 boy!!!![​IMG]a little too soon to get excited yet...but still a good sign I think! I'll be getting picts up soon...but it looks like rain today[​IMG]

3. flitter

flitter Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 7 straight runs... 6 weeks old... nothing looks like a comb! Not all pullets!..........please.

4. annabell254

May 21, 2012
    south Ga
    Yea! no way! that just probably means that the one I have is just an early developer....and I probably have more [​IMG]...I dont need more but ...but I had expected more anyways [​IMG] so I'm not too disappointed

5. flitter

I've never had Hamburgs before. Not sure when, how fast they develop. It's nice to have more pullets but I sure would like a couple of cocks in this bunch. Oh well... I'm sure we'll both know within a month.

6. annabell254

May 21, 2012
    south Ga
    Yep...you have that right!!!! I have a bunch of 3-5 weekers and am suspisious of severl being male instead of female, as I had ordered[​IMG] as we both know that never happens [​IMG] and I just keep saying ... Just be patient I'll know in a month or two[​IMG] I am soooo not good at waiting[​IMG]

7. flitter

Patience is hard to find... hopefully we'll both get what we want! I'd like a couple of cockerels and you'd like all pullets?

8. annabell254

May 21, 2012
    south Ga
    No, not all...but the rest [​IMG] I already have a boy for sure and he is a sweetie [​IMG] I'm looking for eggs mainly, and I will probably have my silkies set a few eggs nest year with my Easter Egger roo that I will put over my girls for more EE's next year [​IMG] I'll probably do this with a couple different girls hehe and have lots of EE's....but I am most excited about possibly having a SH laying blue eggs!!![​IMG]

9. Erin~TheChickenLover

Erin~TheChickenLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Arkansas River Valley
    Hey, everyone. I've been looking at Hamburgs and really like them. I would like to start raising show quality bantam hamburgs, but the problem is, I'm in Arkansas. I have yet to find anyone near (as in not several days of shipping away) who will ship hamburgs that have been bred to the standard. Does anyone know where I might be able to get some? I'm not a fan of large hatcheries as their birds are normally not show quality and it would take me a while to breed them true.

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by