Hamburg thread!

Pics
Hi, I ordered a mystery chicken from Meyer's and I am wondering if it is a Golden Spangled Hamburg. Does anyone have a picture of a Golden Spangled baby chick? Also, are there any other things that would separate the looks of a Golden Spangled baby chick from a Buttercup or Golden Campine?

Thanks

Hey! I thought I would post picts of my babies they are 8-9 weeks old now!!! and I still only have the one out of the 6 strait run that is apparently very male! haha he is my darkest and was almost black but now that more of his feather are coming in he is gorgeous too me!!!!

another of him :)

and another
big_smile.png

and some of the girls :)

and a group :)

From the comb i would guess yes it is a pullet. But I can't see the feathers on the neck and shoulders so i am not sure. BTW, the pic looks nice.

I'm thinking of adding three Hamburg females to my flock of five hens. Don't know if I'd start with baby chicks or older pullets. I'm not sure about it, though, because I'm afraid the Hamburgs would get bullied too much. I've heard that this breed is not only small, but also not terribly assertive. Can anyone tell me about their experience integrating Hamburgs into a mixed flock? My flock aren't very aggressive and currently get along well, though I do worry that the two Leghorn pullets I added back in June would give any newcomers a run for their money.

Hey! I thought I would post picts of my babies they are 8-9 weeks old now!!! and I still only have the one out of the 6 strait run that is apparently very male! haha he is my darkest and was almost black but now that more of his feather are coming in he is gorgeous too me!!!!

another of him :)
Your SSH's look fantastic! I clicked on this thread specifically to find pics of 8-9 week SSH because my poor 'mystery chick', that I'm fairly sure is a SSH, looks raggedy. I wonder if its because he's the default 'runt' because the rest of my order were heavy laying breeds.

Here's my little roo (?) - I can't tell if his feathers are just too big for his body or they're loose. I don't see his feathers laying about the coop, no one is picking on him, and he's not being chased off food or water. He actually starts trouble with individual hens, then runs and hides behind a group of them when one pushes back. He's always been my flightiest chick, so I don't handle him that much. Right now in the bigger coop I can't catch him. He's 9 weeks today. I do think all my chicks look a little undersized for their age because I had a cocci outbreak at week 5 that claimed 7 of my 28. My SSH is the only one that became noticeable ill and survived. He just looks so 'unkempt', but maybe his poorly defined pattern is tricking me. Does he look healthy?

hi i am looking for show quality Hamburg LF to buy in the spring around NJ,NY,PA area in golden spangled golden penciled, and black, i had amazing silver spangles a couple of years ago and i really would like a different variety!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom