Handling chickens kinda new help me out

Mattsiewrt94

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 5, 2013
So I've had my chickens for about half a year or more and before they wouldn't let me get close but now they run up to me when I come outside and everything but i can pick them up on good days lol rarely happens I think it's happen twice where a chicken didn't struggle for me not to pick her up haha they just don't like to be picked up but it's different when they come up to you I can pet them and they will sit beside me everything but spring is coming and i know more then likely that most my hens will go broody but I wanna get the chicks they hatch and handle them more because they say you teach them young they get used to it but are there any ways in should go about this

Don't expect a broody's chicks to be overly tame. Broodies will view your interaction with their babies as interference. The best way to befriend a chicken is with treats. Go ahead and pick your pullets up any ways. They'll probably struggle, but if you hold them securely, and talk gently, they'll probably calm down. One of my girls loves to have her ear lobes and jaw line massaged. But, she struggles when I pick her up.

Back
Top Bottom