handling peachicks

jimmythechicken

Songster
9 Years
Jun 8, 2010
mansfield
i have heard if you want your peacocks tame to handle them alot.but at what age should you start this because i also have heard it is not good to handle peachicks to much it stresses them out. any opions on this my daughter spends alot of time in her coop an would be more then happy to cuddle her peachicks why she is down there.thanks jim also i am going to have them on game bird starter how long should i keep them on this an what should i switch to next?

My peachicks think I'm mom. As long as they have other peachicks with them, I say give them all the attention you can. Sometimes if you only have one chick, they can forget they are a peafowl and not a person like you and become aggressive when older, but it is rare, but can happen. If they have others to relate too then you are better off.

I say yes, IMO.
big_smile.png

we put a chair next to them an she is sitting out there as we speak is very happy to hear she can hold them her turkeys we the oppisite got shocked if u handled them.

Quote:
I have a Blue slate hen named Mrs. blueberry, anyone that comes over HAS to hold her, even though she is full grown. If you try to ignore her she will jump off of pen roofs aiming at your chest..... trying to force you to hold her... LOL Cute when she was little..... not so cute that she's a butterball.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
haha that is pretty cool i hope she gets her birds that tame.her palms like people but the narragansetts were very scared of us.but they where not around humans at all in a little box in the shed with a ton of quail. i am sure they will come around.she is getting 2 blue slates at the end of the week:D

We just had our first batch hatch out about 4 days ago,actually 12 of them,,we have one Charcoal and one Bronze that will "cry" at night,unless we come to the brooder and allow them to jump and perch on our fingers,take them out and let them sightsee ,the others in the group all are curious and do like to be touched,,but the Bronze and Charcoal are becoming like spoiled children,,and this has been going on for 2 nights now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom