Hands down, what is a chickens FAVORITE food/treat/scraps?

Freshly emerged cicadas
smile.png
I think the chickens actually thinned 'em down in our yard, thank goodness. This was a 17-year cicada emergence here in SE OH this spring.

I have a little bowl of speghetti. I'mgoing to try and lure them in right now. Wish me luck. It's earlier than they like to get locked uup, but I'm going out.
smile.png

Quote:
You know we were actually kinda hoping for some of those here
lol.png
No chicken feeding necessary at all!!! I went through Cinti once during one of the brood hatches....I never forgot it!

We feed our chickens just about everything, and don't find them particularly picky.

But the one thing that has always (and still to this day) sent them into a total feeding frenzy is cooked potatoes-- they go insane for them!

My bird brains all time favorite is french fries, the curly fries especially. They also love Chicken McNuggets for some canabalistic reason.
Other than that? Anything in a styrofoam container or brown paper bag.

my chickens eat everything thats still for more than a sec and the yuckies go crazy over noodles and leftover dinner. but they hate bread and cereal, i get the stink eye for that.

I'm so new to this, I had no idea you could give chickens all these things!!! I had some stale bread and a few grapes that I just took out to my chickens and holy cow, they went crazy over the grapes. lol I think they'll get to the bread after the good stuff is gone, but wow! I've got a whole new idea about what to do with leftovers now!! Thanks for this thread!

Back
Top Bottom