Hands down, what is a chickens FAVORITE food/treat/scraps?

i get in there and just turn the bag upside down and turn about 50 crickets loose. It like the chicken superbowl!

A friend of mine likes to call that "Saturday Night Entertainment".​

Mine go crazy for yogurt mixed with oat bran. Regular oatmeal is popular too. I'm hoping they like gooseberries, since I will have loads of these ready in a week or so.

You mean cooked rice, spaghetti and oat meal? Left overs? I have never gave mine that. They love any kind of fruit or breads. It sounds funny giving them pasta, but I will try it. I never thought of giving them fish or meat either. It sounds like they will eat any kind of left overs? I love to give them treats and they love the attention. Thanks for more Chicken Raising Ideas!
thumbsup.gif

After reading some of the posts here, I made my 8 week old girls some oatmeal with peaches on top. Wow. All they had ever had was starter, but it sure didn't take um long to figure out they love oatmeal. One would grab a diced peach and the others would chase her around in circles until she swallowed it and then they would all come back over and dive in to the oatmeal. Messy, but fun.
tongue.png

Anything we eat, that they can get. They like variety, though. Cottage cheese was the ecstasy food this week. Vanilla Bean loves bird seed, but she's the only one who prefers it to just about anything.

Have tried some of those treats and some I haven't. I like to feed them special food like on thanksgiving I treat the livestock to their own food, like squash, cranberries and etc. I even seen two roos fight over a dead mouse! I think poultry are attracted to the color red myself.

Back
Top Bottom