Hands on hatching and help

Thank you so much for the pic. Still nothing but now I know not to worry as much until tomorrow. Now I know exactly what to look for if necessary. My only problem now is we are haiving a storm out of nowhere and people are posting on facebook about power outages in the area. So far all is good here. Any day but hatch day.....
Update:
My eggs FINALLY piped sometime between 11 and 3 this morning, almost 1 1/2 days past day 21. I was getting worried except for the fact they were still rolling around so I at least knew they were alive. They are still moving around but not much more piping or zipping going on. I always thought I was a pretty patient person... but this is KILLING me. LOL

Update:
My eggs FINALLY piped sometime between 11 and 3 this morning, almost 1 1/2 days past day 21. I was getting worried except for the fact they were still rolling around so I at least knew they were alive. They are still moving around but not much more piping or zipping going on. I always thought I was a pretty patient person... but this is KILLING me. LOL 

Boy I know that feeling lol. My silkies are due this Friday but their air cells were pretty big on day 18. Keep thinking they will come early but nothing yet.. make sure you update. :)

Had to help the little one to hatch on Sunday. It was day 22, and there was just a pip, no zip. After peeling away some shell, the membrane was dry. She also has splayed legs, so they are taped up, but is walking well, just not good enough in my opinion to be put with Mama. But she did have bonding time with her siblings, who are 4 days older than her. Smoky - Starlight - Midnight
Aww so cute!

My broody hen has hatched two of her three eggs. We are dying to get a better look at the babies but she is keeping them wrapped up tight for now. She still has one egg under her and she really wasn't supposed to hatch anything until tomorrow, so time will tell.
I never see my rooster do his thing with his hens and I wasn't even sure these eggs were fertile; I guess I have my answer!

One has started to zip. The other has decided to make a new pip hole just below the original. Both are still moving around so at least I don't have that worry, but do they sometimes pip in more than one spot? First pip was about 12 hours ago the 2nd within the last hour.

My broody hen has hatched two of her three eggs.  We are dying to get a better look at the babies but she is keeping them wrapped up tight for now.  She still has one egg under her and she really wasn't supposed to hatch anything until tomorrow, so time will tell.
I never see my rooster do his thing with his hens and I wasn't even sure these eggs were fertile;  I guess I have my answer!

I would be dying to get a peek lol..

One has started to zip. The other has decided to make a new pip hole just below the original. Both are still moving around so at least I don't have that worry, but do they sometimes pip in more than one spot? First pip was about 12 hours ago the 2nd within the last hour.

How exciting! That time always seems like it takes forever lol. :)

zipping was sure quick after waiting 12 hours from Pip!! One is out of the shell and the other has 2 pips. First time hatching if you can't tell. I love these little eggs so much!!!

They are starting to get adventurous on their own and we are getting a bit more of a view.  One looks like a penguin and the other is a dark smokey grey/black.

Congrats with ur chicks so cute
1f60a.png
I hope mine hatch
1f423.png

Back
Top Bottom