Hands on hatching and help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, Feb 11, 2016.

1. BigWeenMachine

BigWeenMachine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2015
    I just went and pulled it out of the dumpster to look and I couldn't see any. However the membrane had started drying out and turning white so I don't know if that was blocking any dots. What do the dots mean???

2. BigWeenMachine

May 6, 2015
    Yep, had a mild rotten smell to it.

3. caesargirl

caesargirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2015
    Unity, Maine
    Dots are bacteria entering the egg

4. Sarkchick

Sarkchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2015
    SE Arkansas

That's me. They usually stay in the house 10 days. Just to be sure they are all thriving. They stay in the back bathroom. Chicks are not bad. But golly, the ducklings. They really smell in the small room no matter how many times a day they are cleaned. But not knowing how long I would be gone, I moved them on outside. Mind you this was 2 in the morning. I just amazes me that I went to check on them the next afternoon and they were great.

Hubs is just ALITTLE more important. And at times I'd take my critters over him.

Linda

5. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    I'll have to look at my pics, I know I have some here somewhere. If I can pic them out from everyone else. I had 33 hatch in that hatch, only 11 were Spitz.

xs 2

6. BigWeenMachine

May 6, 2015
    Candled it but the pics didn't turn out very good. You can see the black mass just floating here and barely see that there are no veins along the shell walls. However, I definitely found a duckling swimming around and furiously trying to swim away from the light. The problem with this egg though, is probably the air sack that I assume got dislodged and spread out during shipping as I ordered these eggs from Strombergs. The other egg didn't have a damaged air sack but did have a black blob like this one that just floated around. Couldn't find the wispy blood veins on this egg so I'm guessing they disappeared like what happened to the last egg.....

.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. caesargirl

caesargirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2015
    Unity, Maine
    I have never had an egg hatch once the veins disappear.....

8. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Found an egg outside with a huge hole in it, so I decided to crack it open and this is what I found:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice and healthy looking.

-Kathy

1 person likes this.
  9. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    @Blooie , are you okay with these pictures?

-Kathy

10. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Look how defined those veins are! wow!! Not to be morbid, and in a sense it's very sad, but that is just a WOW pic.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by