Hands on hatching and help

Here are the pics of my quail! My very first hatch!! Thank you to all of those who helped me through this!!! It was soo worth it!

Aww how precious!!

Sorry I haven't been posting much, been recovering from a minor surgery. But I wanted to thank you all for your excellent advice. We are in the midst of our second hatch and it is going great, thanks to tips from all of you. 11 of 22 eggs made it to lockdown, and so far all but 1 egg have hatched.

Here are the first 7 in the brooder:

And these three are still drying in the incubator:

That last one had trouble getting out and was bleeding a little. Now it's laying on its side and its legs are shaking, so I'm not sure how it'll do.

But overall this hatch has been a breeze and the first 7 are already eating and running around. Thank you all so much for your help and advice!

Aww look at those babys. :)

:clap looks like a nice assortment of colors!
:lau that's stinkin hilarious!!

Blue-ey Blooie - Blue is for boys ;)[/quote They're all soo stinking adorable! I have a couple faves already can't wait to see how they change! I know @peepchicken pulled from a few different hens!! So lucky and she's amazing also!

Had to help the little one to hatch on Sunday. It was day 22, and there was just a pip, no zip. After peeling away some shell, the membrane was dry. She also has splayed legs, so they are taped up, but is walking well, just not good enough in my opinion to be put with Mama. But she did have bonding time with her siblings, who are 4 days older than her.

Smoky - Starlight - Midnight

Had to help the little one to hatch on Sunday. It was day 22, and there was just a pip, no zip. After peeling away some shell, the membrane was dry. She also has splayed legs, so they are taped up, but is walking well, just not good enough in my opinion to be put with Mama. But she did have bonding time with her siblings, who are 4 days older than her.

Smoky - Starlight - Midnight

They are all so sweet!

So skipping the ever present drama that hasn't been delt with, I have a story to tell...

What am I going to do with all these extra chicks????????  :th

Great story! That is amazing that she could cover that many eggs. I love all the colors, too.

I hatched two severely deformed guineas yesterday and had to euthanize thesadIt was for the best but still sad.

Hey guys I'm figuring out where all my chicks will go for hatch since I bow have so many lol. Anyways my ancona ducks go into lockdown a day apart from my large fowl Cochins. I'd like to lock them down together in the brinsea octagon 20. Can this work? It would make things so much easier with all of my hatches due. Thanks.

Hey guys I'm figuring out where all my chicks will go for hatch since I bow have so many lol. Anyways my ancona ducks go into lockdown a day apart from my large fowl Cochins. I'd like to lock them down together in the brinsea octagon 20. Can this work? It would make things so much easier with all of my hatches due. Thanks.

Should not be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom