Hands on hatching and help

My broodys last egg! It got crushed but it's still alive! It's drawndown but I can still see veins when candling. I stuck it in the incubator because I think it will get worse if I leave it out with her. She picked the worst spot to sit ever, right in the run on the bare floor.
Hey guys, one of my chicks has pipped facing down towards the floor of the incubator. Will that be ok? Can it still zip?

Sometimes yes and sometimes no. More yes then no I would say, in my experience.

My broodys last egg! It got crushed but it's still alive! It's drawndown but I can still see veins when candling. I stuck it in the incubator because I think it will get worse if I leave it out with her. She picked the worst spot to sit ever, right in the run on the bare floor.

Is that line the drawdown? So thats what they look like when layed on their side for incubation instead of upright? And the chick will pip and one end or the other?

I read some where on here where that happened before and the advice was to roll it iver. Who wants to do all that work on their head? :/

Well its not really on their head. Rolling one over is helpful when worried about alot of moisture in the egg, but if humidity has been good, and growth is right, with proper conditions, it shouldn't hurt anything. They zip on their side, like rolling from your back to your belly, and on to your back again, not like a somersault, butt over head.

:fl
That's a yucky looking egg lol!

Oh good luck I hope it hatches!! :) ugh I worry about it.. :(

I read some where on here where that happened before and the advice was to roll it iver. Who wants to do all that work on their head? :/

I hate when I get conflicting advice cause then I'm left guessing at the answer lol

Well its not really on their head. Rolling one over is helpful when worried about alot of moisture in the egg, but if humidity has been good, and growth is right, with proper conditions, it shouldn't hurt anything. They zip on their side, like rolling from your back to your belly, and on to your back again, not like a somersault, butt over head.

Well my humidity got a bit to high this morning. I let a bit of air out and now it's where it should be but I don't know how long it was that high for. Should I still wait or roll it over?

Hey guys, one of my chicks has pipped facing down towards the floor of the incubator. Will that be ok? Can it still zip?

I read some where on here where that happened before and the advice was to roll it iver. Who wants to do all that work on their head?
hmm.png
Depends on the hatcher. There is no right or wrong answer. Like WV said, if there's extra fluid in the egg it could affect the hatch, but many hatch just fine no matter where the pip. I turn all mine over if they get rolled or pip on the opposite side. (Usually it's rolled though.) regardless. That's just who I am.

fl.gif

Depends on the hatcher. There is no right or wrong answer.  Like WV said, if there's extra fluid in the egg it could affect the hatch, but many hatch just fine no matter where the pip.  I turn all mine over if they get rolled or pip on the opposite side. (Usually it's rolled though.) regardless. That's just who I am.

Aww thanks AmyLynn. That's just what I needed to hear. I feel better now. I'm going to roll it over. I guess I just wanted to hear that it's ok lol

Back
Top Bottom