Hands on hatching and help

IMG_20170831_1813277.jpg
Sounds like it might be stuck, actually... and pushing to get out since it can't zip... just my thoughts on it... might wait a bit and see what others might think, but I would be tempted to pop that top off for the chick...

Sounds like it might be stuck, actually... and pushing to get out since it can't zip... just my thoughts on it... might wait a bit and see what others might think, but I would be tempted to pop that top off for the chick...
I just took this. The shell is split a little more than earlier. The white is also splitting. The chick moves and peeps but I can't tell where it's beak is.

I don't know if this right thing to do butthe whit is turning yellow so I picked off the remainder of the shell around the middle only. To loosen the grip. The most her is very upset with me. I put the egg back under her beak up so it can get air. I have warm water and paper towels but I didn't moisten it. I wasn't sure if I should wait a little to see if it can break the white and free itself. It has good lungs

I don't know if this right thing to do butthe whit is turning yellow so I picked off the remainder of the shell around the middle only. To loosen the grip. The most her is very upset with me. I put the egg back under her beak up so it can get air. I have warm water and paper towels but I didn't moisten it. I wasn't sure if I should wait a little to see if it can break the white and free itself. It has good lungs

You might want to just free it at this point if you're not seeing any blood. With as much shell gone as it looks to be, the chick might not be able to get leverage to turn, break the membrane, and zip out.

You might want to just free it at this point if you're not seeing any blood. With as much shell gone as it looks to be, the chick might not be able to get leverage to turn, break the membrane, and zip out.
Thank you. Its head is out half way and is peeping. Do you think the yoke has been absorbed? How would I know?

I'm, I am so stressed out. OK I took more of the shell. I don't see any yoke but the white isike paper so I lifted it off it head it was peeping very loudly and mom was not happy most of it is out I did not pull the bottom off for fear it would hurt it. I would say it's 3/4 of the way born it just needs to shake off the bottom but all legs l, feet, wings and head are viable and it appears healthy. It's feathers are a bit dried there was not much monster if any. I put it back with mom. Do you think I need to do anything else. Will it be OK from me touching it? I know they say don't touch them when they are first born and wet but honestly there is really no moisture.

Back
Top Bottom