Hands on hatching and help

Ok... so today is day 20 in my first hatch. I started with 10 eggs, when candling I noticed 3 were not developing so I took them out. 5 were regular sized eggs and all doing well and at lock down were all still alive. 1 really large egg Im suspecting twins, but i cant be sure the egg is dark. 1 is not much larger than a regular egg and Im pretty sure it has two embroys (i attached a video of my candling at day 11) I have not checked anyone since. I did check 3 times a day. Im not sure what I should do with the 2 double embryo eggs....

My impression is it’s just the head and the butt you are seeing, since they are kinda curled inside the egg. :idunno

Today is day 21, I have 1 egg pipping, it’s outside my last candled airsac... this is also one I’m worried may have been 2 embryos... but can’t be 100% sure... what should I do??

Attachments

• 708DF2F6-95CE-4A17-9F62-5B6B02687255.jpeg
    708DF2F6-95CE-4A17-9F62-5B6B02687255.jpeg
    311.3 KB · Views: 5
Today is day 21, I have 1 egg pipping, it’s outside my last candled airsac... this is also one I’m worried may have been 2 embryos... but can’t be 100% sure... what should I do??

Have you candled since lockdown? It may be in the air cell if not - the air cells draw down the side of the egg a bit before internal pip.

I’ve got a question about safety holes and when to make them... I know it has been mentioned that if there is any concern then I can pretty much just go ahead and make them, but does this only apply if the babies have already internally pipped? Can I make a hole even if they haven’t yet internally pipped?

First time duck mom/hatcher here... I have zero experience but have read and read and read some more.
I have 3 Ancona duck eggs that were responsibly shipped, today is the end of day 28 and only one has internally pipped so I made a super tiny safety hole on that one. I had some screw ups with humidity early on- it was in the high 60’s for a few weeks but when I realized that was way too high and the air cells were small I dropped the humidity way down to the 20’s for the last week and a half which seemed to help them grow a bit. On day 25 I bumped the humidity back up to 65 and noticed all 3 eggs were wiggling! The two eggs which still have not internally pipped have smaller air cells than the one that did- I can still see them moving but they have slowed down since day 25 and the shadows that I was able to see easily on that day are now much smaller and harder to see :confused: I’ve been debating whether or not I should just give them all safety holes or to just wait it out.
Opinions??

Ok, I think I’m most worried because when I candled this egg early on it has 2 yolks, one on each side and it’s possible there are 2, but I don’t think there’s enough room for 2... so I’m not sure when to intervene

Sorry, I missed this before! Any updates?

I’ve got a question about safety holes and when to make them... I know it has been mentioned that if there is any concern then I can pretty much just go ahead and make them, but does this only apply if the babies have already internally pipped? Can I make a hole even if they haven’t yet internally pipped?

First time duck mom/hatcher here... I have zero experience but have read and read and read some more.
I have 3 Ancona duck eggs that were responsibly shipped, today is the end of day 28 and only one has internally pipped so I made a super tiny safety hole on that one. I had some screw ups with humidity early on- it was in the high 60’s for a few weeks but when I realized that was way too high and the air cells were small I dropped the humidity way down to the 20’s for the last week and a half which seemed to help them grow a bit. On day 25 I bumped the humidity back up to 65 and noticed all 3 eggs were wiggling! The two eggs which still have not internally pipped have smaller air cells than the one that did- I can still see them moving but they have slowed down since day 25 and the shadows that I was able to see easily on that day are now much smaller and harder to see :confused: I’ve been debating whether or not I should just give them all safety holes or to just wait it out.
Opinions??

Before they internally pip there's really no reason to make one. They're not breathing at that point, so it won't help them. I don't usually do them before I see an internal pip, unless for some reason I suspect something weird is going on and I want to take a look.

Back
Top Bottom