Hands on hatching and help

How long after internal pip did you do the safe hole? What breed is it?

You could widen it, but now that it already has a hole, it’s got air to breathe, so it *should* be ok. You did the pip for it, so it doesn’t really have to pip for itself. It may not do much until it’s ready to zip, which could be another 24+ hours.
Is it concerning that it isn’t peeping at all yet after 24 hours of internal pip? Is that normal?
I just feel like all I keep reading is about folks hearing peeps as soon as they are internally pipped so I’m a bit confused by this little one..

But they don't constantly peep, they need little naps too...hatching is hard work!
Unlike human babies.....
push.jpg

I will never forget the first time I hear an 'egg' peep in the bator..it was like :eek:.
Now you could tap on the lid or make clucking noises,
and sometimes that will stimulate them to vocalize,
but it's really better to leave them be...they are busy and tired!

Okay I *thought* I heard a very faint peep once from that egg (“Doctor”) last night. Hopefully I wasn’t imagining things! But I can see he is still breathing, tapping and such...
My worries now move onto the egg named “Thing 1” a bruise is starting to form on the egg towards the point end :( should I start assisting in this case? I’ve read and have seen pictures that lead me to believe he is trying to pip there on the wrong end. I want to give him the best shot. To assist or not to assist? What do you guys think?
@WVduckchick @aart

A bruise usually is an indication they are trying to pip in that area. How far from the tip?
Some can still successfully hatch that way, if they have room to maneuver. Others might need help.

Back
Top Bottom