Happy 1st Birthday Girls! (chicken cake recipe)

myawesomepullets

Songster
Dec 8, 2020
South Carolina
Yesterday, September 4, was my one year anniversary of having chickens, AND my original girls' birthdays! So... happy birthday to Sabine the RIR, Cayenne the ISA brown, and Moon and Night the black mixed breeds! For their birthday, I decided to make them 2 little 'cakes'. They worked very well and the girls absolutely loved them. I made up the recipe myself after realizing that there really aren't many chicken cake recipes out there.

ChickenBdayCake2021.jpg

Banana Peanut Butter "Cake" with Yogurt "Frosting" and "Sprinkles"
Serves a flock size of 6

Ingredients:
Cake
1 banana (somewhat ripe to fully ripe)
1 egg
1/4 cup peanut butter (unsalted preferred, but salted is fine bc it's not too much)
2 tablespoons almond flour (another flour could be fine, but this is a bit healthier)
A sprinkle of cinnamon

Coconut oil (for cooking, just a bit)

Two spoonfuls plain unsweetened organic yogurt
Anything chicken-edible that you would like to decorate with (I call these the "sprinkles"- you can use nuts, fruits, seeds, etc)

Procedure:
1. In a small-medium bowl, mash the banana with a fork until it is pretty smooth but still has some small chunks.
2. Add the egg and peanut butter, then mix until smooth. Put in the almond flour and cinnamon and mix. Your batter is ready.
3. Heat a small pan on medium-low heat. When it's fully heated, put a bit of coconut oil in the pan so it doesn't stick. Pour in half the batter and cook like a pancake. Once it's done, pour the other half on the pan and cook it.
4. Once both cakes are cool, put a spoonful of yogurt on each and spread it evenly over the top. Use your toppings of choice and arrange them artfully on top or just sprinkle them around. I used a couple oats and pumpkin seeds.
Serve!

You could make more, each one smaller, or make the recipe bigger, or do any modifications you need!
Here are some pictures from the 'party':
BothPeckingCake.jpg
Sabine and Moon both go in for the peck.
CayenneNightCake.jpg
Cayenne grabs a bite with Night watching.
SabineMoonCake.jpg
Sabine and Moon politely sharing their cake.
BrookPearlCake.jpg
Pearl eating with her brother, Brook. She's showing off her big EE muffs!!

What a great idea, I am going to write the Recipe down and keep it with my cook books. What fun to make them for Christmas, and other holidays when we treat ourselves to yummy dinners and desserts.

Back
Top Bottom