Happy Baby Chicks Eating Yogurt For The First Time - Video - Healthy Lifestyle

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Red Barn Farms, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Red Barn Farms

Red Barn Farms ~Friendly Fowl~

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    Mixing non-sweetened plain yogurt into chick starter feed can reduce the pasty butt which is common in baby chicks. I add a couple spoonfuls of room temperature plain yogurt into the chick starter food. Once mixed leave it set out for about 5-10 minutes so the feed absorbs the yogurt and softens. I use this method of feeding several times weekly to add good bacteria into the chicks digestive system. Here is a video of the first time the chicks had this special treat and boy did they love it!

2. awwwwww love fluffy butt chicks!!!!! frizzles give me goosebumps!!!! so cute. great video. Makes me want Spring to come already to get more chicks.

3. Red Barn Farms

Red Barn Farms ~Friendly Fowl~

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    The mommy is a black Silkie and daddy is a Black Frizzle. The little white one is fast becoming my favorite. Two of them are mixed Frizzle & Golden Campine. I believe the white chick is part Campine. They all are adorable though.

I love Autumn but I wish it & Winter were over and spring was back again too! [​IMG]

4. SO CUTE!!!!!! (^∇^)

5. Aww! so sweet!

6. abbey808

abbey808 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Hawaii
    That is so cute! I love those happy little peeping noises they make when they're eating. [​IMG]

7. RMo2

RMo2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Ohio
    I would say they love it! So cute!

Makes me miss my chickies being that little [​IMG]

8. aaaaawwww they are ADORABLE [​IMG]

9. stephensc7146

stephensc7146 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2012
    Southeastern, Ohio
    Ohh! They love it! Will keep this in mind for my new babies!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by