Happy cluckin from appalachian SW VA

Cknldy

Songster
7 Years
Nov 6, 2012
Appalachian mtns
I'm good with my animals but not so great with computer stuff so feel free to laugh at my mistakes:D I finally talked my better half into letting me get chicks this past April and my obsession began! Started w/ 6 straight run rir. Ended up 3 darkie chicks roosters and 3 "lighty" chicks hens. When old enough to tell difference 2 roos got put out of coop and became known as 'free' and 'range'. I never heard of lapdog roosters until then! Coon snatched 1 then a month later fox knabbed the other. Got 3 free bg crosses from neighbor during summer. (My better half didn't like this surprise so I had to build THEIR coop by myself:rolleyes: Better half finally came around to my hobby but says he 'ain't never seen nobody care for chickens like you do!' I know it's not the -right- time of year but we got 6 eggs due to hatch friday! So excited

Hello and welcome to BYC from Kentucky. Congratulations and best wishes for a successful hatch rate. We just had fifteen hatch about three weeks ago. Mommy and some of her babies in image below!

ab4a3b6ffa9c5224e8d94f1bf069309e835bf44ada39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709a4b3225a1483568630b9.png

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Thanks everyone! Those kentucky chicks are beautiful. I have a chicken wish list and buff silkies are on it. Maybe I won't have eggs in the cardboard box if I had a fluffy puffball to mommy them:) Since chickens are MY hobby and not my better half's, I have to build all coops, etc as my wishlist gets shorter. I don't mind a bit!

Hi and :welcome

Sounds like your'e doing a great job! I admire anyone who can build coops on their own. :lol:

I hope you find all the info you need here, and enjoy the site. :D

Back
Top Bottom