Happy growing quails in the brooder | You now see the different breeds

They are very cute! They sure do grow like little weeds.

I also just wanted to let you know that there aren't any breeds of quail. There are species, and then colors within the species. Yours look like Coturnix, so you'd say you have different colors of coturnix, no breeds :)

The colors I see are Pharoah, White, and I believe some Pearl Fee :) Potentially some Rosetta as well. A nice variety!

Thank you so much for the explanation. We got the names from the person we brought the parent quails from. And maybe it was not right or we misunderstood.
if you don’t mind, can you check out this video, around minute 4 (after the pig) to see our quails (the parents) and let me know. Thank you!!!

Thank you so much for the explanation. We got the names from the person we brought the parent quails from. And maybe it was not right or we misunderstood.
if you don’t mind, can you check out this video, around minute 4 (after the pig) to see our quails (the parents) and let me know. Thank you!!!

The first group are pharaoh, or jumbo wild might be what they were called when you got them, that color/pattern is pharaoh.

The next group were Italian and Manchurians, Quail that have the fawn gene.

Next are rosettas and/or Tibetans.

Then Texas a&m or English white

I can’t see the last pen well, but it looks like a lot of pharaoh and rosettas.

Back
Top Bottom