HAPPY NEW YEAR! Chicks due 1-1-2010

joebryant

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 28, 2008
SW of Greenwood, INDIANA
9574_new_years_baby03.gif

Have a great 2010

Will post pictures of new New Years chicks when/if they hatch tomorrow.

Quote:
Mahonri, let us see some pictures here. Actually, though, I hope yours don't get out of their shells until just after midnight; that way, you'll have the first chicks of 2010 rather than the last chicks of 2009. Whatever, you might get some of each. Good luck!

Did you set on the 11th or 12th?

I set all but one of mine at Noon on the 11th... ended up with two 2009 chicks around noon yesterday at day 21 began and the incubator is rocking now... day 21 will finish for me at noon and I'll bet I still hatch some out after that?

Quote:
I started 21 eggs on Dec. 12th, then I couldn't resist adding one more on the 13th (don't ask). Then on day ten, I candled as best I can and found five that I think are infertile, but I left them in the incubator just in case I'm wrong. So I basically have sixteen that could hatch today and one that won't hatch until tomorrow (don't ask). I now have six eggs that have just knocked out a piece of still-intact shell, but none have begun zipping. We're having some dinner guests, and I moved the incubator into the living room so they (actually ME) can watch the hatchings (hopefully) and chicks before and after dinner.

Back
Top Bottom