I have two bully-mix dogs with strong a predator drive, chasing rabbit, chippies- one dog chased a moose! I was really afraid for my chickens but they were curious until the moose chaser got pecked hard on the snout by a bossy female named Karen (seriously). It’s been 2 years and the dogs are afraid of chickens, and chickens are indifferent to the dogs.
ETA I still watch the dogs tho just in case
oh my word, Karen!

Yes, I'll make sure to watch them, just to be sure, and thank you!

I have a cat who is extremely mellow with all the chickens. I feel like in a way she sort of raised them, as they always snuggled with her.

Now, although i trust her immensely with my birds, she still has hunting instincts. I think it’s important even the most trustworthy ones, you make sure something bad couldn’t happen. For example, i don’t like to let her near the chicks, just to be safe. Even though she shows no want to hunt them.
Xerx is quite a strange cat. He watches things, but never initiates things. Let's say a bird flutters down to the garden, he kinda just stares at it, so I hope I'll be able to trust him somewhat, though he'll never be left alone with them.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom