Happy Pheasants?---more questions about pheasants

Attack Chicken

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu
11 Years
Sep 25, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
For the first time I have my very first pair of pheasants which are the YellowGoldens. They don't seem to flighty in their quarentine pen downstairs. How do you tell if their content? They seem much happier then being in the transport cage at the show. Would like to get them to eventually eat out of my hand but that wont be soon. Any ideas to get them more used to me besides just sitting down there with them? Treats?

I'm just so excited and have wanted a pair of pheasants for awhile now! I finally got the chance and at a very good price I believe!

Last edited:
I think it depends completely on the birds and the way you handle them. I would have to say, though, that my Goldens are the least flightly of my pheasants.

Also was thinking today. After their 3 week quarentine I'll be putting them in a 10ftx10ftx6ft dogkennal outback. What sort of stuff should I put i there for them? Right now it's just dirt with a strawbail and a wooden hutch thing. What all would they like in there to hide/perch on?

Also the outside of the cage the chickens run around. I've read that chickens can give stuff to gamebirds but my quail have been on the same ground as the chickens before and I've never had a problem with them. Should be the same for the pheasants I would believe?

So many questions since I am a nooby to pheasants. I've only hunted them before never raised them
roll.png
So anything else I need to know please tell
smile.png
Thank you!

Yes, the chickens can pass on diseases to which the pheasants would be more susceptible. Not having them in the same pen is good, but the proximity could be an issue, as well.

Back
Top Bottom