Happy to announce my blue Cuckoo blue-eggers!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Dipsy Doodle Doo, Sep 21, 2008.

1. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Very cute chicks.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I too would love to see these chicks as they get older... and I'd really love to see their eggs. guess we'll have to wait a few months.

3. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Songster

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    they sure are sweeties. Good luck. Keep hatching.

4. What happened was I had this fence-jumping Barred Rock rooster and didn't know it til some of my Ameraucana chicks started hatching with head-spots.

Some of the hens came out really pretty!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't have a roo in the Ameraucana pen for a while so I put a bearded pea(ish) comb blue Cuckoo roo (BR x Am' cross --- sibling to hens above) in there for a few days.
    Those Cuckoo hens lay blue / green eggs (surprisingly, more blue than green). I'm hoping this cross will be an even cleaner blue.
    I have no idea what splash Cuckoo will look like. I was thinking the splash markings would only be in the black bars. I searched the net for pics but couldn't find any.
    It would be great if I get a splash Cuckoo roo out of this cross. I can put him in with black Am' girls and get ALL blue Cuckoo chicks --- that would be peachy (and Steph, you'll be 1st on the list. I'm sorry you got so many boys).

[​IMG]
    Lisa

5. ~SunSetsWest~

~SunSetsWest~ Songster

Jul 20, 2008
    Central, Fl.
    How cool, I love them. Look at the barring with muffs [​IMG] Well done! Can't wait to see more..

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:I think that's awesome, too. I've never seen that before! [​IMG]

7. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Songster

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Where's that drooling icon when you need it? [​IMG] I love them!!

8. ~SunSetsWest~

~SunSetsWest~ Songster

Jul 20, 2008
    Central, Fl.
    Quote:I was looking for it as well..

9. herechickchick

herechickchick Songster

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Very cool Lisa, it will be fun to watch them grow.

10. Ohhh, thank you! They make me smile [​IMG]
    I don't think I've seen any other barred or cuckoo bearded/muffed birds (except Cuckoo Silkies, maybe).
    Cuckoo/barred roo over solid hen is *supposed* to make all cuckoo/barred chicks. I'm happyhappyhappy to see it WORKS (believe it or not, I can be a bit of a skeptic before I see something first-hand).

[​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: