hard boiled eggs hard to peel? try this! Let me know if it works 4 U.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by trunkman, Sep 25, 2010.

1. trunkman

trunkman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    I put my eggs in the fridge right after gathering to keep them fresh longer, but when it comes to boiling a fresh egg and trying to peel it it turns out to be a nightmare. I tried all kinds of things and finally I found my solution to making peeling easy, it's very simple, I put my eggs on the counter for four or five days before I boil them and they peel like a dream. Hope this helps some of you, try it, you'll love it. I tried it with a dozen eggs and all were very easy to peel! [​IMG] Good luck, let me know if it works for you!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  2. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Yup, that's how I do it. It works well.

3. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    my eggs are usually eaten before they are 4 days old I only have the 3 egg layers. 2 are pullets with small eggs 3eggs 1 day= 1 breakfast

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  4. kateseidel

kateseidel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2010
    I'll give this a try - someone had recommended piercing them with a pin. They were better, but still not good. It's rare for us to have eggs that are 4 or 5 days old, though.

5. nelgkel

nelgkel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    FL
    I do not refrigerate our eggs....some that I had gotten from the farmers market that were washed and refrigerated...and did not leave out to warm up before boiling were a nightmare to peel.

The way I boil eggs now is a BREEZE to peel! I bring water to a boil and after it is boiling I place eggs in boiling water...boil for 12 minutes, then immediately take eggs out with slotted spoon into a bowl of ice water. Let them cool down then they peel sooooo easily!

you are so right though! Room temperature eggs are the KEY!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by