Hardware Cloth SUCKS!

coffeelady3

Froths Milk for Hard Cash
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Ok, I'm not a handy person and I spent the entire day working on the run to attach to my girl's coop. I have come to the conclusion that I HATE hardware cloth! I know it's what to use to keep the chickens safe from those pesky predators, but can't it be just a little bit more accommodating? I mean, it's hard as heck to tack down, it ALWAYS curls in the direction that you don't want it to, and, worst of all, IT HURTS!

If and when I finally get this thing done, the chickies had better appreciate it!

Thanks for letting me vent. You may now resume normal programming.

i agree.. and its hard to clip!!! but its worth it
smile.png

Curling in either direction is a pain. I just want it to stay flat. Is that too much to ask?

Sorry, I think I spent too much time out in the sun. My brain is fried!

I lay mine out on the ground (unrolling from the top so it is concave side down) and walk on it to flatten it out. And wear leather gloves.

I sit down nice and comfy to clip the wires, and if I'm going to need to handle it much after I've clipped it I wrap the raw edge in tape.

Wearing a suit of chain mail cuts down on the scratches
lol.png

I hate the stuff too - I always come out looking like I've been thrown in a sack with 20 feral cats! Good luck with the stuff. I solved the problem by making my DH and DS do the work with it!
Liz

I do what TeaLady does. I unroll mine on the ground and walk on it. After I cut it, I'm then working with a panel, not a curled up mess. Being able to work with it as panels is part of why I like it so much. I also trim the edge when needed, so there are no wire stubs sticking out.

Back
Top Bottom