Hardware cloth

macbow

In the Brooder
May 4, 2020
About to start building a coop. I have seen posts at places saying some brands of hardware cloth have welds that easily break. Can some people here post brands they highly recommend and brands to definitely stay away from please? It seems there has been a shortage of the stuff available of late. I would prefer to pay a little more and get a good product than pay for something the first raccoon is going to break through. Thanks in advance for any information people can provide.

You and all of us for that matter are SOL. The stuff comes from China. Best buy was on Amazon. Its got the flu and a bad case of red Chinese eye. I got my 19ga 48" 100' roll for $147 last August. Good luck to you. and the rest of us as the world is spinning the bottle.
Do you recall what brand it was by any chance, and were you happy with it?

I had something clime on it and chew the same spot like ten nights out of fifteen. It started the deform the wire just a little after ten time. Just because it was the same spot. I could just make out other spots but you had to stand and look for it. I just got some zip ties and double another piece just for peace of mind. Set up trail cam. Possum and coon working the same spot. I killed two possums and the coons don't even stop now. They just walk by. So yes, this batch of wire I got is armor.

Back
Top Bottom