Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Hi all, I have a new NR360 and I have never incubating anything, yet! I have it warming up to check that all is functioning properly. Now it’s dawned on me, should I clean it before I use it? It’s brand new.

I don't think I did, it's been a while though. I would just wipe it down with some diluted bleach water and then again with just water.

I ordered 12 hatching eggs from Alabama Silkies in early January. Ten days went by with nary a peep on when I could expect them to ship. I wasn't sure if I had enough time to run another batch of eggs through the NR 360 before the Silkie eggs would arrive so I called them to ask when they might ship. To my surprise and a bit of aggravation, they couldn't tell me. They said that they expected to start shipping again soon and they didn't THINK it would take longer than 2 weeks. That was over 3 weeks ago and still no eggs! So I called them AGAIN today. They appear to have accidentally deleted my order... To make up for the error and poor experience, they are shipping my order out in the morning and have "promised to send me something good...." At first they asked if I was looking for any particular colors. I said no, just a mix. Then he asked how many eggs my incubator holds. I said 22 eggs. (Note - I only ordered 12 eggs.) He responded that they would be sending me more eggs than I ordered.

Sooooo..... I'm going to be SUPER excited about this next set of eggs... 😂 Now let's hope that nothing BAD befalls my eggs on the way here! 🤞

I ordered 12 hatching eggs from Alabama Silkies in early January. Ten days went by with nary a peep on when I could expect them to ship. I wasn't sure if I had enough time to run another batch of eggs through the NR 360 before the Silkie eggs would arrive so I called them to ask when they might ship. To my surprise and a bit of aggravation, they couldn't tell me. They said that they expected to start shipping again soon and they didn't THINK it would take longer than 2 weeks. That was over 3 weeks ago and still no eggs! So I called them AGAIN today. They appear to have accidentally deleted my order... To make up for the error and poor experience, they are shipping my order out in the morning and have "promised to send me something good...." At first they asked if I was looking for any particular colors. I said no, just a mix. Then he asked how many eggs my incubator holds. I said 22 eggs. (Note - I only ordered 12 eggs.) He responded that they would be sending me more eggs than I ordered.

Sooooo..... I'm going to be SUPER excited about this next set of eggs... 😂 Now let's hope that nothing BAD befalls my eggs on the way here! 🤞
Well stinks you had a bad experience in getting them but super exciting to get more than you ordered!!! Keep us posted when you get them and hatch too! I’m excited for you!

Well stinks you had a bad experience in getting them but super exciting to get more than you ordered!!! Keep us posted when you get them and hatch too! I’m excited for you!

I ordered Silkies in hopes of getting some broody hens for next spring. I was already going to be excited anyway but now I can hardly wait! If I thought the last hatch seemed to take forever, I can only imagine how excruciating this one will be.... 😂

How long should I let the eggs rest before putting them in the incubator? A day?

I ordered Silkies in hopes of getting some broody hens for next spring. I was already going to be excited anyway but now I can hardly wait! If I thought the last hatch seemed to take forever, I can only imagine how excruciating this one will be.... 😂

How long should I let the eggs rest before putting them in the incubator? A day?
From what I’ve read, just like with humidity, everyone has different opinions 😂 Some say 12-24 hours but some say less time if the shipping time was longer. I let mine set for 10 hours today after getting them in the mail. Mine shipped Friday and arrived today and the air cells were not terrible when they arrived. Just check your air cells as soon as they arrive. I checked them all before I put them in the incubator and they appeared to be mostly back to normal.

From what I’ve read, just like with humidity, everyone has different opinions 😂 Some say 12-24 hours but some say less time if the shipping time was longer. I let mine set for 10 hours today after getting them in the mail. Mine shipped Friday and arrived today and the air cells were not terrible when they arrived. Just check your air cells as soon as they arrive. I checked them all before I put them in the incubator and they appeared to be mostly back to normal.

What breeds did you order? If I can ask....

I would hope that shipping between Alabama and Arkansas wouldn't be too long but the postal service is a hot mess these days.

Ive only ordered hatching eggs once. It was before I had an incubator and intended to be put under a broody hen. Unfortunately none of the eggs hatched. I'm pretty sure they weren't fertilized. Got them on ebay from someone who didn't regularly sell eggs. I picked them because the seller was also located in Arkansas and I was hoping the eggs would be less stressed with quick shipping. Bad choice on my part....

What breeds did you order? If I can ask....

I would hope that shipping between Alabama and Arkansas wouldn't be too long but the postal service is a hot mess these days.

Ive only ordered hatching eggs once. It was before I had an incubator and intended to be put under a broody hen. Unfortunately none of the eggs hatched. I'm pretty sure they weren't fertilized. Got them on ebay from someone who didn't regularly sell eggs. I picked them because the seller was also located in Arkansas and I was hoping the eggs would be less stressed with quick shipping. Bad choice on my part....
I bought a variety set of pure breeds from someone on eBay also because they were a good price and good variety. They were 180 miles from here, I’m in Arkansas too! However, I was very disappointed with how dirty they were. These are my first shipped eggs so maybe that’s kinda normal, idk. But I set them anyways! The breeds are Welsummer, Lavender Orphington, Dark Brahma, Cream Legbar. They had other breeds too and advertised them as a mix of all their breeds but I asked them to just send those breeds because it was breeds I wanted to add to my flock. It was nice of them to do that! They sent four extras including a surprise egg of a different breed. I set those and another group of mixed breeds like the ones I just hatched. Here’s a picture of them.
501276A0-D45D-4F73-97D1-F26F26AFDB5F.jpeg

Fingers crossed they arrive in good condition and that they send you good eggs!

I rarely wait longer than 8 hours anymore but it's 8-24 hours of rest for shipped eggs for me.

Back
Top Bottom