Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Just thought I’d share with all of you who are already doing hatches! I found these eggs on EBay. They say barnyard mix which I normally skip over because I can find plenty barnyard mix eggs locally. But these are actually purebreds, they just get a few of each a day right now so they are selling a mix of all their purebreds. Kind of fun and a good price, in my opinion, to get a variety! Just ordered some yesterday for round 3 in the NR360!!

I'll take a peek. Right now I'm planning on filling my incubators with my backyard mixes if I have some fertilized ones (I'll know in a few days if he was doing anything, lol). Long story, but I rehomed my cockerel today and I'm really hoping he was old enough to be active with the ladies.

I took these eggs out of the fridge so it's kind of a double experiment to see how the refrigerated egg will do AND see if my roo was active at all. I'm going to start collecting their eggs and storing them for hatch in the hopes that they're actually fertilized. I didn't want to hatch any winter babies because I prefer to brood outside but I just NEED to have some chicks from the hen in my avatar! :fl

2-5-21 (1).JPG

To complicate things even more, the friend that took the rooster for me asked me to take some eggs that her broody hen was sitting on (Seramas that I would guess are at least on day 15). I candled them and only one looks viable so now I double crossing my fingers that my backyard eggs are fertilized or I'm going to have a little pocket baby for a few weeks. lol!

2-5-21 (1).JPG

2-5-21 (2).JPG

2-5-21 (3).JPG

2-5-21 (4).JPG

I'll take a peek. Right now I'm planning on filling my incubators with my backyard mixes if I have some fertilized ones (I'll know in a few days if he was doing anything, lol). Long story, but I rehomed my cockerel today and I'm really hoping he was old enough to be active with the ladies.

I took these eggs out of the fridge so it's kind of a double experiment to see how the refrigerated egg will do AND see if my roo was active at all. I'm going to start collecting their eggs and storing them for hatch in the hopes that they're actually fertilized. I didn't want to hatch any winter babies because I prefer to brood outside but I just NEED to have some chicks from the hen in my avatar! :fl

View attachment 2517937

To complicate things even more, the friend that took the rooster for me asked me to take some eggs that her broody hen was sitting on (Seramas that I would guess are at least on day 15). I candled them and only one looks viable so now I double crossing my fingers that my backyard eggs are fertilized or I'm going to have a little pocket baby for a few weeks. lol!

View attachment 2517941
View attachment 2517942
View attachment 2517943
View attachment 2517944
You’ll have to keep us updated on the refrigerated eggs!! Hopefully they are fertile for you! Our young rooster has been doing the job but I don’t really have many interesting hen breeds yet to make those cool mixes. Hoping to add the ones I got off eBay to my flock. I have 19 in the incubator now that I got from someone local. She had about 40 hens and four different breed roosters so these should be really interesting!

Have a small question for other people who have used this incubator before. I have one set up with 6 eggs in it right now, first time using it, and it is turning them every hour on the 30 minutes mark. Not at the beginning of the minute, but more towards the end of it. For example, it turns at 4:30 then it turns next at 5:30. Is this normal or just a random occurrence?

Have a small question for other people who have used this incubator before. I have one set up with 6 eggs in it right now, first time using it, and it is turning them every hour on the 30 minutes mark. Not at the beginning of the minute, but more towards the end of it. For example, it turns at 4:30 then it turns next at 5:30. Is this normal or just a random occurrence?
It’s 1 hour after you plug it in, then once every hour. If you start it at 4:17 then it turns at 5:17, 6:17 and so on...

Just thought I’d share with all of you who are already doing hatches! I found these eggs on EBay. They say barnyard mix which I normally skip over because I can find plenty barnyard mix eggs locally. But these are actually purebreds, they just get a few of each a day right now so they are selling a mix of all their purebreds. Kind of fun and a good price, in my opinion, to get a variety! Just ordered some yesterday for round 3 in the NR360!!
You will have to let us know how those eBay eggs turn out 😁

Mine arrives today.
I keep telling myself, 'No hatching till spring, no hatching till spring!'

:barnie
I know the feel. I got my incubator a few days ago, tested and it works fine. I was waiting for silkie eggs but my silkies are not laying yet ( too cold still). so I have to wait until spring to hatch my big girls eggs ( orphinton buff and lavender, turkey). In the mean time, I went to get some chicken feed at RK and happened to have silkies!!!!. I just got 6 puffy butts and that is keeping my chicken fever under control. LOL

Back
Top Bottom