Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Ok. Fixed it as best I could. I moved 2 eggs to get smaller eggs in the slots under where the extra egg is. I see that the egg that turns more isn’t really touching the eggs under it - I guess that frees it up to turn more. The egg I fixed - which really is only slightly better positioned I think (we’ll see) is definitely partially resting on the eggs in the slots under it which I think is hindering the turning. But not resting as much as it was.
Does that make sense?
Yes! I will try to position my extras such that they are touching the eggs below as little as possible.

Hello so it is Lockdown time!!!!!!!
This is my first time hatching chicks in an incubator. I got a Nurture right 360 and today they are on day 2 to hatch. As a newbie I have a few questions that I will really appreciate if I can get help:
So far the humidity is 68% both vents (A & B) have water. However, every time I add water the humidity drops. Should I warm up the water before adding it or its ok?

What happens after 21 days? will the incubator turn off by itself or do we have to manually do it? My question is because what happened if some eggs takes an extra day or so to hatch?

If I see some chicks that are dry and I don't see any chicks attempting to hatch, is is safe to get the dry chick(s) out of the incubator or should I leave them until they are done hatching?

Thank you so much

ps.- oh I have 7 turkey eggs and 5 chicken eggs ( fingers crossed)

Hello so it is Lockdown time!!!!!!!
This is my first time hatching chicks in an incubator. I got a Nurture right 360 and today they are on day 2 to hatch. As a newbie I have a few questions that I will really appreciate if I can get help:
So far the humidity is 68% both vents (A & B) have water. However, every time I add water the humidity drops. Should I warm up the water before adding it or its ok?

What happens after 21 days? will the incubator turn off by itself or do we have to manually do it? My question is because what happened if some eggs takes an extra day or so to hatch?

If I see some chicks that are dry and I don't see any chicks attempting to hatch, is is safe to get the dry chick(s) out of the incubator or should I leave them until they are done hatching?

Thank you so much

ps.- oh I have 7 turkey eggs and 5 chicken eggs ( fingers crossed)

It's normal for it to drop slightly while warming the water. You can heat it a little but be very careful not to overheat it. Usually keeping it at room temperature is the best bet.

It doesn't shut off until you turn it off.

Yes, you can take them out once they're dry. I'm terribly impatient so I usually take them out as soon as they're fluffy. Humidity returns to normal very quickly in the NR360 but if you have a lot of pips and you're concerned you can wait until a chick freshly hatches and take out all of the dry chicks. The wet chick will keep the humidity stabilized.

Hatch day should be tomorrow but these two cute baby turkeys decided to come out a day early. I saw a couple other turkey eggs with a little tinny hole so their siblings are trying to come out too. Chicken eggs still nothing, hopefully today or tomorrow.
baby turkey.png

Update:
Turkeys are faster hatching than chicks. so far turkey 4 chicks 0. The hatch day it was supposed to be tomorrow. I have one chicken egg with a bean size hole and I can see the chick pushing from inside so Hopefully it will hatch today. However, my question is how long can the baby turkeys be inside the incubator without food and water ? I know I am not supposed to open the incubator if the egg is about to hatch right?

Thanks

Update:
Turkeys are faster hatching than chicks. so far turkey 4 chicks 0. The hatch day it was supposed to be tomorrow. I have one chicken egg with a bean size hole and I can see the chick pushing from inside so Hopefully it will hatch today. However, my question is how long can the baby turkeys be inside the incubator without food and water ? I know I am not supposed to open the incubator if the egg is about to hatch right?

Thanks

Up to 72 hours but I have never waited longer than 24 hours personally. I try not to open the incubator more than I have to but I do take dry chicks out multiple times during a hatch, lol. The NR360 returns to humidity very quickly but to keep the overall humidity consistent my two favorite tricks are to either, A: wait until a fresh wet chick hatches and remove the dry chicks (leaving the wet chick in the incubator), the wet chick will cause the humidity to spike and keep it very moist in there, like you never opened the incubator. OR B: You can warm some water and add it to the reservoir to increase humidity more quickly. You have to be careful not to heat the water too much though because it will increase the temperature in the incubator and you don't want that.

Up to 72 hours but I have never waited longer than 24 hours personally. I try not to open the incubator more than I have to but I do take dry chicks out multiple times during a hatch, lol. The NR360 returns to humidity very quickly but to keep the overall humidity consistent my two favorite tricks are to either, A: wait until a fresh wet chick hatches and remove the dry chicks (leaving the wet chick in the incubator), the wet chick will cause the humidity to spike and keep it very moist in there, like you never opened the incubator. OR B: You can warm some water and add it to the reservoir to increase humidity more quickly. You have to be careful not to heat the water too much though because it will increase the temperature in the incubator and you don't want that.
Good tips! I am incubating quail eggs for the first time and I've been thinking on how I'm going to regulate the humidity during hatch.

Update:

Thanks
Almost half of my chicks hatched a day early this time around. I think it is because my humidity was higher due to it being spring, wet, and warmer than my previous hatches. I left all my early birds in the incubator a full day and a half to allow time for the other chicks to hatch. I only started removing them when it was getting too crowded and the new chicks couldn't "dry out" without being trampled. Even then, I removed the older chicks as quickly as possible.

Back
Top Bottom