Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Good tips! I am incubating quail eggs for the first time and I've been thinking on how I'm going to regulate the humidity during hatch.

It's recommend to remove quail within 24 hours of hatching and they're so tiny that they don't cause the humidity to spike quite like chicken chicks do so the warm water would probably be your better tool. It isn't usually too big of a deal in the NR360s though because they return to humidity quickly. When pips aren't wide open there isn't a great risk of shrink wrapping and quail in general hatch much faster that chicks so they're less likely to even allow enough time to dry out and shrink wrap in general. I hope you'll share pics once they start hatching!! I'm a sucker for tiny peeps.

It's recommend to remove quail within 24 hours of hatching and they're so tiny that they don't cause the humidity to spike quite like chicken chicks do so the warm water would probably be your better tool. It isn't usually too big of a deal in the NR360s though because they return to humidity quickly. When pips aren't wide open there isn't a great risk of shrink wrapping and quail in general hatch much faster that chicks so they're less likely to even allow enough time to dry out and shrink wrap in general. I hope you'll share pics once they start hatching!! I'm a sucker for tiny peeps.
That helps.
I was wondering how I bring the humidity up to the proper level during hatch then have it not spike and drown the chicks as they start hatching. I have 45 in the bator.
Yeah, I'll share pics if I get any to hatch. If they dont hatch I'll just crawl under a rock somewhere. 😄

That helps.
I was wondering how I bring the humidity up to the proper level during hatch then have it not spike and drown the chicks as they start hatching. I have 45 in the bator.
Yeah, I'll share pics if I get any to hatch. If they dont hatch I'll just crawl under a rock somewhere. 😄

Increasing the humidity to about 65% it wouldn't spike too high. Even when it increases to 80+ it's a temporary spike and not long term enough for it to harm the hatch.
Fingers crossed! I hope you have more chicks than you know what to do with! :wee

Shipped eggs are going into lockdown! Blue/Black Silver Birchen Marans, Olive Eggers, Lavender Ameraucanas, and White Ameraucanas!
They were only propped upright in a carton for a few hours before I put them into the horizontal turners in the NR360s. A few of them had to hang out in the IncuView for overflow before I took out clears and quitters. Fingers crossed! :fl

View attachment 2593589View attachment 2593588
I’ve been looking forward to hearing how it went with the shipped eggs. Do you mind sharing (and pictures)?

I’ve been looking forward to hearing how it went with the shipped eggs. Do you mind sharing (and pictures)?

Oops! I forgot to update here!

4/3/21: 71% SHIPPED EGGS (started with 48, 3 infertile, 13 quitters, 32 live chicks)
- Blue/Black Silver Birchen & Wheaten Marans from Gypsy Hen (1 infertile, 5 early quitters, 1 late quitter that was dwarfed, short pudgy little toes, legs, beak, and neck)
- Lavender & White Ameraucanas, & a few Olive Eggers from Gypsy Hen (2 infertile, 7 early quitters)
- 50 eggs received, 2 were cracked so I didn’t set them. Set 48 eggs.

Not bad for shipped eggs! Though I have had 100% hatches from shipped eggs that I incubated in the NR360 as well. It's always kind of a toss up when eggs are shipped but I'm happy with 71% overall. :)

4-3-21 (2).JPG

All but one of the Marans already went to their new home yesterday. I've been so busy with holidays and everything else that I didn't do a cute photoshoot with them, lol. I still have all of the Ameraucanas and one Wheaten Marans though so I'm going to try to do a little photo session with them today! :love :jumpy

Oops! I forgot to update here!

4/3/21: 71% SHIPPED EGGS (started with 48, 3 infertile, 13 quitters, 32 live chicks)
- Blue/Black Silver Birchen & Wheaten Marans from Gypsy Hen (1 infertile, 5 early quitters, 1 late quitter that was dwarfed, short pudgy little toes, legs, beak, and neck)
- Lavender & White Ameraucanas, & a few Olive Eggers from Gypsy Hen (2 infertile, 7 early quitters)
- 50 eggs received, 2 were cracked so I didn’t set them. Set 48 eggs.

Not bad for shipped eggs! Though I have had 100% hatches from shipped eggs that I incubated in the NR360 as well. It's always kind of a toss up when eggs are shipped but I'm happy with 71% overall. :)

View attachment 2601744
Woohoo!

Yessss!! this incubator is great! I've used this one for a couples years now. However, my egg turner stopped working so Ive had to turn them by hand. But even while turning them by hand, I've still had an AMAZING success rate. All of the chicks have been healthy and strong. I highlyyyyy recommend this incubator

Ok, heres an interesting experiment. I bought 3 dozen mixed breed eggs locally. I filled the NR360 and put the rest of the eggs in a foam incubator with a turner. Both have been running with no issues. Lock down was Sunday. Most of the eggs in the NR360 have hatched already. I moved the remaining eggs into the NR360 and a few have pipped now. I hope a few more hatch. I guess the foam bator just didn't maintain the heat like the NR360. I have two independent thermo/hydro meters in the foam incubator. (20 eggs made it to lock down in the NR360 and 16 have hatched. )

Back
Top Bottom