Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Day 17, I removed the turner and added shelf liner. Humidity still 40-50. The divider fit snugly…will report back on how it works. I have 2 buff Orpington in 1 divider, 3 cream legbar in second, 3 OE & 2 EE in third, and 5 EE BYM in last one. Hopefully I’ll see everyone hatch to know what egg they come out of, but if not at least I’ll know generally what breed and source they were from.

Any last suggestions or advice? I have decided I will assist this time if I think anyone is not going to make it without help.

1655260884314.jpeg

Day 17, I removed the turner and added shelf liner. Humidity still 40-50. The divider fit snugly…will report back on how it works. I have 2 buff Orpington in 1 divider, 3 cream legbar in second, 3 OE & 2 EE in third, and 5 EE BYM in last one. Hopefully I’ll see everyone hatch to know what egg they come out of, but if not at least I’ll know generally what breed and source they were from.

Any last suggestions or advice? I have decided I will assist this time if I think anyone is not going to make it without help.

View attachment 3148981

Sounds like you have everything all set for a great hatch! Good luck!

what day does the incubator say that it is on? Did you reset everything back to day 1 when you started it up this time? if you didn't it may think that it is in lockdown now and that is why it is not turning
Make sure to reset the number of days to hatch. If you left it on zero from your last hatch it won't turn.
Thank you both! 🥰
I completely forgot about this, somehow it slipped even from the deep recesses in the back of my mind. All fixed now and the eggs don’t seem to be the worse for wear! Day 13 and going strong. 😊

LOCKDOWN!

Reposting from my hatch-a/lomg for some advice from those much more experienced with this. I could do a quick candle tonight at dark…do you guys think I need to? Going to wait until then to bump the humidity, it was at 50 all day when I was at work so I think a few more hours before filling B might be beneficial. Then I can watch the humidity for an hour or so before bed to make sure it doesn’t get extremely high. It’s running about 5% higher when full than it did in my classroom last month, and I don’t want it too high when I go to sleep. Took weights on Day 16 and they averaged 11.8% loss.

What makes most sense is not ordering hatching egg during extreme temp times of the year.

I wanted to ask a related question... how hot is too hot for local pick up?
We wanted to set eggs from a local breeder who previously sold us Mottled Orpington chicks (irresistibly cute!), and he got started collecting but had to give up for now because they stopped laying. We're on an indefinite hold until laying resumes. Even then, I wonder if it might still be too hot out as he doesn't collect until the evening (day job).
We're in Florida but his property is sunny while ours is in deep shade and ours keep laying through the heat. Today the high was 98.
My poor incubator is so empty 😣

LOCKDOWN!

Reposting from my hatch-a/lomg for some advice from those much more experienced with this. I could do a quick candle tonight at dark…do you guys think I need to? Going to wait until then to bump the humidity, it was at 50 all day when I was at work so I think a few more hours before filling B might be beneficial. Then I can watch the humidity for an hour or so before bed to make sure it doesn’t get extremely high. It’s running about 5% higher when full than it did in my classroom last month, and I don’t want it too high when I go to sleep. Took weights on Day 16 and they averaged 11.8% loss.

You can if you want too. Candling isn't necessary though.
Elevated humidity is important only for external pips so if you're monitoring closely you can wait to do that as well.

You can if you want too. Candling isn't necessary though.
Elevated humidity is important only for external pips so if you're monitoring closely you can wait to do that as well.
Thank you! I’ll probably up it just to see how much it increases, and in case there are pips when I’m not home. I had one early hatcher last time so I rather have it ready for them and know how the humidity holds in vault B. Glad you explained, in case it drops before I wake up and I’ll know to add more tomorrow night on day 19.

I wanted to ask a related question... how hot is too hot for local pick up?
We wanted to set eggs from a local breeder who previously sold us Mottled Orpington chicks (irresistibly cute!), and he got started collecting but had to give up for now because they stopped laying. We're on an indefinite hold until laying resumes. Even then, I wonder if it might still be too hot out as he doesn't collect until the evening (day job).
We're in Florida but his property is sunny while ours is in deep shade and ours keep laying through the heat. Today the high was 98.
My poor incubator is so empty 😣

It's not too hot, your hatch rate just may be lower this time of year. We deal with the extreme temps here in Southeast Georgia too.

Back
Top Bottom