Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Pics
I'm very excited!
:wee

I've been wanting this incubator for about a year, so when TSC had a sale and Amazon matched the price - plus free shipping, I began my justification and talked myself into buying it.

I love the compact size
IMG_2859.JPG

Yes, I know these eggs have diff incubation times, but I have multiple incubators so we'll play musical incubators next week. (Some chicken eggs will be started in my cooler-bator, and when temp is steady, the turkey eggs will be moved into that)

It's not essential that these eggs hatch. I really want to test the limits of the incubator.
The turner worked with the turkey eggs .... but I had to move and re-position them several times until I found slots where they all rolled consistently.

The quail eggs were actually more difficult. I have since changed it to put 1 egg in each space. The slots may fit 2 but sometimes they were rolling vertically. It works best with the quail egg against the pushing side.

IMG_2858.JPG

so some questions for those more experienced with this model:

It says to keep humidity at 50%. Has anyone ever tried it with a lower humidity? If so, how did it work? I normally do a "dry hatch" with my cooler-bator and keep humidity 30-35% for the incubation period and crank it up as high as I can (65-70%) at the end.

Has anyone hatched quail in this incubator? Anything I need to be careful of?

I'm very excited!
:wee

I've been wanting this incubator for about a year, so when TSC had a sale and Amazon matched the price - plus free shipping, I began my justification and talked myself into buying it.

I love the compact size
View attachment 2077163

Yes, I know these eggs have diff incubation times, but I have multiple incubators so we'll play musical incubators next week. (Some chicken eggs will be started in my cooler-bator, and when temp is steady, the turkey eggs will be moved into that)

It's not essential that these eggs hatch. I really want to test the limits of the incubator.
The turner worked with the turkey eggs .... but I had to move and re-position them several times until I found slots where they all rolled consistently.

The quail eggs were actually more difficult. I have since changed it to put 1 egg in each space. The slots may fit 2 but sometimes they were rolling vertically. It works best with the quail egg against the pushing side.

View attachment 2077162

so some questions for those more experienced with this model:

It says to keep humidity at 50%. Has anyone ever tried it with a lower humidity? If so, how did it work? I normally do a "dry hatch" with my cooler-bator and keep humidity 30-35% for the incubation period and crank it up as high as I can (65-70%) at the end.

Has anyone hatched quail in this incubator? Anything I need to be careful of?

Nice! Yes I've incubated quail in it once. Worked great! The turkey eggs I had were way too big for the turner, I would have been concerned about something going wrong. Your turkey eggs don't look quite as big as the ones I put in mine though.

The sweet spot for humidity for the first 18 days in my NR360s is right around 45% but based on the air cell growth I allow it to float anywhere from 35-55%. So you can surely let it run dryer but I would recommend always having a little bit of water in it and just opening the vent all the way to keep the membranes nice and moist. I get phenomenal hatches in my NR360s. I think you'll love it!

How can you tell that they turn consistently?
Don't see any markings on eggs, like the typical X and O.
Can you manually engage the turner cycle for testing?

Yes you can engage the turner. It's actually recommend to test it any time you fill it with eggs to make sure everything turns. It's pretty easy to see when they're turning or not. Might not be perfect consistent but the turner moves quite often and I've never had any issues.

Did you just put one egg in each section or were you able to modify the turner to hold more?

At 1st I was thinking the little triangle spots would be for quail eggs. :lau

You know...I actually can't remember... 😬 one per slot would definitely work, it turns enough that they will get proper rotation. For some reason I know that you can put 2 in each slot with success too but I think you need to use the outer ring because the inner one only works with individual quail eggs....I have a terrible memory and that's why I take so many pictures but I didn't take any pictures of the quail eggs in the turner. gah.

Yes you can engage the turner. It's actually recommend to test it any time you fill it with eggs to make sure everything turns. It's pretty easy to see when they're turning or not. Might not be perfect consistent but the turner moves quite often and I've never had any issues.
Awesome. Wish my Incuview had a test turn command.

Awesome. Wish my Incuview had a test turn command.

I agree! I have an IncuView as well, it's my second favorite incubator for ease of auto-turning multiple sizes of eggs and it's SO easy to clean. I have actually gone running back to the room when I heard the turner so I could watch and make sure everything was turning to my satisfaction in the IncuView. lol

I'm actually trying the IncuView out as my lockdown hatcher after incubating in the NR360 for the first 18 days just because cleaning is so lickety split. I have my second lockdown hatch in there right now. So far the biggest difference is that it's way easier to add water after lockdown to the NR360s because of the external ports and the IncuView runs drier in general. While it's easy to watch hatches in the IncuView nothing compares to the NR360 with ease of view and I can take great images through the window. It's harder to get the right angle to avoid glare when taking images in the IncuView, but honestly that's not crazy important to most people, lol.

The NR360 isn't difficult to clean compared to most incubators by any means but I'm getting nitpicky at this point since I've now used so many incubators, lol.

I have actually gone running back to the room when I heard the turner so I could watch and make sure everything was turning to my satisfaction in the IncuView. lol
Ha!! I have too, but it goes pretty fast so hard to really observe.
I think the Incuview turner is 'inefficient', to be diplomatic.

I'm actually trying the IncuView out as my lockdown hatcher after incubating in the NR360 for the first 18 days just because cleaning is so lickety split.
Makes perfect sense, if I did a bunch of hatching, that's what I would do.
The Incuview is great for hatching, that wide open view!
And, yes, very easy to clean.

Back
Top Bottom