Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Pics
Had my 4H Cloverbuds over today. They looked adorable in their little masks!! (Life during Covid19)

My son's project is due to hatch tonight- tomorrow. So, I brought the incubator outside. 3 chicks just happened to hatch during the hour the kids were here. I couldn't ask for better timing.

The NR360 incubator works well for the seramas but is so short for my orps.
Only the serama can stand up. The poor lav orp hits its head just by sitting.

*Mine is the newest model.

IMG_3839.JPG

Had my 4H Cloverbuds over today. They looked adorable in their little masks!! (Life during Covid19)

My son's project is due to hatch tonight- tomorrow. So, I brought the incubator outside. 3 chicks just happened to hatch during the hour the kids were here. I couldn't ask for better timing.

The NR360 incubator works well for the seramas but is so short for my orps.
Only the serama can stand up. The poor lav orp hits its head just by sitting.

*Mine is the newest model.

IMG_3839.JPG

They're so cute! Someone else mentioned the lower top in the newest model. I hope they fix that in the next round. It seems the opposite of what they would be going for.

Are you sure it isn't going to your spam folder? I heard back from them within 24-48 business hours.

Positive. I check it pretty regularly, as customer emails sometimes go to spam.

Just candled all 23 eggs (day 7). One was undeveloped (yolk), another had a blood ring. So we're down to 21. The air cells seem to have stabilized...though one is still saddled, it's still developing.

Guess we'll see next Friday. This completely dry hatch seems better...but I guess I shouldn't count chicks...well, before they hatch? Lol.

What's your humidity at, being completely dry?

Had 11 make it to lockdown:
3 eggs laid at home, 8 shipped Jersey Giants.

We only have one roo, so they're all definitely GL Wyandotte mixed with something. We were assuming they'd be either pure Wyandotte, or barred rock mixes because those are the younger hens, and the only ones we ever see him go after. We also have one RIR and one Buff Orpington, both 4 or 5 years old.

The 3 home chicks hatched today, 2 were mostly black, so the rocks seem obvious candidates. The last looks completely yellow, which was a surprise. Originally, the roo and the older ladies shared a coop... then the Buff abandoned them to brood in the Guinea coop. The roo abandoned later to coop with the younger hens. The Buff is an independent lady, and seemed to get tired of his antics last year. But she seems like the most clear candidate for that one.

We really need to get to work on nesting boxes so we can tell who belongs to which eggs.

The Giants are all taking their time, but I've heard they're like that. I candled them this morning (we're on day 22) and they were moving. Gave them safety holes.

What's your humidity at, being completely dry?

Had 11 make it to lockdown:
3 eggs laid at home, 8 shipped Jersey Giants.

We only have one roo, so they're all definitely GL Wyandotte mixed with something. We were assuming they'd be either pure Wyandotte, or barred rock mixes because those are the younger hens, and the only ones we ever see him go after. We also have one RIR and one Buff Orpington, both 4 or 5 years old.

The 3 home chicks hatched today, 2 were mostly black, so the rocks seem obvious candidates. The last looks completely yellow, which was a surprise. Originally, the roo and the older ladies shared a coop... then the Buff abandoned them to brood in the Guinea coop. The roo abandoned later to coop with the younger hens. The Buff is an independent lady, and seemed to get tired of his antics last year. But she seems like the most clear candidate for that one.

We really need to get to work on nesting boxes so we can tell who belongs to which eggs.

The Giants are all taking their time, but I've heard they're like that. I candled them this morning (we're on day 22) and they were moving. Gave them safety holes.

My incubators usually drop too low in my house when I run them dry. When filled with eggs usually into the 20s and the chicks seem to have dryer membranes when I run it that low. I like to increase it to at least 35% personally. It makes for much smoother hatches in the NR360s and I often have it right around 45%. I base humidity on air cell development.

Lucky you being able to find one!
I’ve been following the incubator listings on Craigslist for a while. The timing just worked out that I happened to be ready to buy one when I found it. It seems like the seller may have more than one too, so if anybody else in the Portland Oregon area is looking for one, that’s the place to check.

Back
Top Bottom