Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I have it in my bedroom and have only noticed the 2pm turn and a YouTube video said three times a day so that seemed correct. can it be changed as I need more turning I did it manually a lot because mine was not turning at all except the 2pm im going to plug in again now and watch it as had a very bad hatch but think it was the suppler more than anything because papas eggs did well in my Brinsea . had other trouble with the cord falling out that probably killed the eggs with a 3 hour chill while at store. papas eggs did well in the brines though. lovely chicks have ordered more but hope to solve the turning trouble in this thing and tape the cord together. cannot get to the makers to get a red cap it wa not included. not been a good experience but getting it to turn every hour would be great . I I like the rotation if I can set it . thanks nothing in the insert I got addresses the amount of turning.
thanks for bringing this to me as now I have hope I can get better performance from this. though I am. two hour drive from farm Suply where I purchased it because papas was so generous with extra eggs I needed n emergency extra incubator. and his extras are gorges birds I might never have seen like the Lemmon orpington he packed a beautiful bright yellow just amazing. highly recommend. had not a single development in Isabell orpington eggs from my pet chicken eggs were small like pullet eggs I weighed each I was so surprised my size no growth in any. but that is not the point here. im watching the incubator and will know in an hour if it turns if I don't touch it. thanks

I have it in my bedroom and have only noticed the 2pm turn and a YouTube video said three times a day so that seemed correct. can it be changed as I need more turning I did it manually a lot because mine was not turning at all except the 2pm im going to plug in again now and watch it as had a very bad hatch but think it was the suppler more than anything because papas eggs did well in my Brinsea . had other trouble with the cord falling out that probably killed the eggs with a 3 hour chill while at store. papas eggs did well in the brines though. lovely chicks have ordered more but hope to solve the turning trouble in this thing and tape the cord together. cannot get to the makers to get a red cap it wa not included. not been a good experience but getting it to turn every hour would be great . I I like the rotation if I can set it . thanks nothing in the insert I got addresses the amount of turning.

I don't use my cap. Airflow is more important. If I were in a very dry area I might...but probably not. I'd actually increase the humidity in the room...and keep the cap off for airflow.

I also run mine full open at the top. 40-50% humidity is average with a full left trough.

Picture is the current humidity with no cap, and everything wide open.

Screenshot_20201116-230429_Govee Home.jpg

Well, as expected, today is my day 14 candle, and we're down to 2 of the Ayam Cemani eggs, 1 of the Ameraucana, and 1 Cornish X lol. So...we started with 14, and we're down to 4. I wasn't expecting any to hatch to be honest...so no harm done. I'm still getting well over a dozen eggs a day for eating from my Barred Rocks etc...so no loss.

If I'm honest though...I really hope at least one of each hatches lol. I want to see what they look like!

I alsohave 15 more in the other incubator...7x Ayam Cemani, 8x Ameraucana. They're only on day 4 though...so it'll be a few more days before I can candle.

Well, as expected, today is my day 14 candle, and we're down to 2 of the Ayam Cemani eggs, 1 of the Ameraucana, and 1 Cornish X lol. So...we started with 14, and we're down to 4. I wasn't expecting any to hatch to be honest...so no harm done. I'm still getting well over a dozen eggs a day for eating from my Barred Rocks etc...so no loss.

If I'm honest though...I really hope at least one of each hatches lol. I want to see what they look like!

I alsohave 15 more in the other incubator...7x Ayam Cemani, 8x Ameraucana. They're only on day 4 though...so it'll be a few more days before I can candle.

I wonder what it is about Ayam Cemani that lowers hatch rates so much. Like, I know with Japanese Bantams there is a creeper gene (I believe that's what it's called) but do they know specifically what causes with the Cemanis?

I want Ayam Cemani sooo bad! Hopefully going to find some in the spring :fl

I want Ayam Cemani sooo bad! Hopefully going to find some in the spring :fl

Where are you located? Mine aren't perfect but they're pretty solidly black compared to what I've seen out there.

Tomorrow the four remaining eggs all go on soft lockdown (stop moving, air cells up!), then I'll add a bit of humidity once we hit day 18.

Man I hope all four make it!!!

Back
Top Bottom