Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I took the two undeveloped eggs out of my incubator on day 7. And it also appeared I may have some quitters out of the ten that developed but since this is my first time I’m just not sure. So, I left them in to check them again in a few days! From any of those who have used this incubator, do you see better hatch rates when it’s full of chicken eggs or less eggs?

I don't think I've seen any perceivable difference in hatch rate when the incubator is full vs just a few eggs. I'll go check my numbers now.

I've posted these numbers before but I'll post again so you can decide for yourself but I don't think I see a difference. You'll notice I went from taking a ton of notes to taking even more notes. LOL

2019 Hatch Rates

3/1/19: 80% (started with 22, 8 infertile, 3 quitters, 11 live chicks) Version 2 Nurture Right incubator

3/31/19: 100% (started with 22, 4 infertile, No quitters, 18 live chicks) Version 2 Nurture Right incubator

4/23-4/25/19: 82% (started with 44, 11 infertile, 6 quitters, 27 live chicks) Version 2 & 3 Nurture Right incubators

5/14/19: 100% (started with 11, No infertile, No quitters, 11 live chicks) Version 3 Nurture Right incubator (started eggs in Little Giant)

5/16/19: 70% (started with 20, No infertile, 6 quitters (1 was a late loss), 14 live chicks) Version 2 Nurture Right incubator

6/21/19-6/22/19: 64% (started with 33, 11 infertile, 8 quitters (2 were late losses), 14 live chicks) Version 2 & 3 Nurture Right 360 incubators (4 Mottled Orpington chicks died days after hatching, suspect genetic defect in breeding flock)

7/5/19: 100% (started with 4, 2 infertile, No quitters, 2 live chicks) Version 3 Nurture Right (finished last few days for lockdown and hatch in Little Giant)

7/16/19: 59% (started with 28, 1 infertile, 11 quitters, 16 live chicks) Version 2 & 3 Nurture Right 360 incubators

8/31/19: 88% SHIPPED EGGS (started with 15, 7 infertile, 1 quitter, 7 live chicks) Version 3 Nurture Right

2020 Hatch Rates

2/18/20: 90% (started with 10, No infertile, 1 quitter, 9 live chicks) Version 2 Nurture Right incubator
- The 1 quitter was late embryo death, on hatch day, I believe due to large vaulted skull

2/19/20: 100% (started with 12, 2 infertile, No quitters, 10 live chicks) Version 3 Nurture Right incubator

3/12/20: 91% (started with 12, 1 infertile, 1 quitter, 10 live chicks) Version 2 Nurture Right incubator
- Repaired 1 cracked egg with wax before setting. Also set 2 oblong eggs, 1 sticky egg (egg white leakage?), 2 porous eggs, and 1 calcium build up egg (calcium build up was infertile, cracked egg quit around day 15-16 possibly due to the wax affecting gas exchange or from bacteria.)

3/23/20: 94% (started with 23, 5 infertile, 1 quitter, 17 live chicks) Version 3 Nurture Right incubator
- 11 Marans (1 quitter 4 infertile)
- 1 chick looked like the Iowa Blue rooster fertilized, mixed chick
- 12 Silkies (1 infertile)

4/4/20: 64% (started with 24, 10 infertile, 5 quitters, 9 live chicks) Version 2 Nurture Right, lockdown in IncuView
-12 Marans (1 infertile, 4 quitters)
- 3 of the quitter Marans were late quitters, malpositioned & severely deformed, were not colored like Marans. I suspect a different rooster fertilized.
- 12 CCLs (9 infertile, 1 quitter)

4/10/20: 60% (started with 18, 8 infertile, 4 quitters, 6 live chicks) NR360 V2 & IncuView
- 12 Silkied Bantam Cochins (3 infertile, 3 quitters)
- 6 standard bantam Cochins (5 infertile, 1 quitter)

4/12/20: 92% (started with 27, 1 infertile, 2 quitters, 24 live chicks) NR360 V4 & V3
- Ameraucanas

5/19/20: 38% (started with 13, No infertile, 8 quitters, 5 live chicks) NR360 V3
- BBS Marans
- 1 was a late quitter that was again deformed like the 2 from the previous Marans hatch from this flock.

5/16/20: 60% (started with 12, 7 infertile, 2 quitters, 3 live chicks) NR360 V2
- Whiting True Blue hen under White Japanese Bantam roo
- We thought rooster was sterile this was the 3rd or 4th attempt at setting eggs.

5/28/20 - 5/29/20: 84% (started with 24, 5 infertile, 3 quitters, 16 live chicks) NR360 V2
- Silkies (started with 12, 4 infertile, 2 late quitters malpositioned)
- Millie Fleur D’uccles (started with 12, 1 infertile, 1 late quitter malpositioned)
- In this hatch I accidentally left the turner off for a few days in early incubation and that may have had a hand in the 3 malpositions

6/20/20: 83% SHIPPED EGGS (started with 12, 6 infertile/scrambled, 1 quitter, 5 live chicks)
- 10 Buff English Orpingtons (5 buffs did not start to develop, 1 quitter, 4 hatched)
- 2 Isabella Leghorns (the cracked leghorn egg did not start to develop, 1 hatched)
- So while this was technically an 83% hatch rate on eggs that started developing because there was only 1 quitter, it's 42% overall (5 out of 12 shipped eggs hatched). This was from my scrambled shipment that had detached & saddled air cells, some scrambled, a couple that had started embryo development from being under a broody hen and were then scrambled in shipment DOA, 1 leghorn also had the air cell at the pointed end and was cracked. Considering the mess I started with I'm actually really happy that 5 chicks hatched!

6/25/20: 85% SHIPPED EGGS (started with 24, 3 infertile/scrambled, 3 quitters, 18 live chicks)
- 6 Buff English Orpingtons (2 buffs did not start to develop, 2 quitters)
- 6 Mauve English Orpingtons (1 Mauve did not start to develop, 1 quitter)
- 12 Isabella Leghorns (100% fertility & 100% hatch)

6/29/20: 66% (started with 18, No infertile, 6 quitters, 12 live chicks)
- 1st Generation Olive Eggers (all will hatch out blue, splash Marans roo over black Ameraucanas)

8/1/20: 83% (started with 15, 3 infertile, 2 quitters, 10 live chicks)
- 13 Mottled English Orpingtons possible Lavender, Black, or Chocolate. First hatch from this flock, pullet eggs, some very small. 3 infertile, 1 early quitter, 1 late quitter at hatch malposition from small egg.
- 2 Black Polish, 100% fertility and hatch.

I've had consistently good hatches from the NR360. Most of my lower hatch rates can be explained for reasons other than the incuator.

I took the two undeveloped eggs out of my incubator on day 7. And it also appeared I may have some quitters out of the ten that developed but since this is my first time I’m just not sure. So, I left them in to check them again in a few days! From any of those who have used this incubator, do you see better hatch rates when it’s full of chicken eggs or less eggs?

Same here. I posted my progress with pictures in another thread but I have two clears from my girls and 5 that look like they might be making progress.

90% sure the Happy Eggs are a bust but I'm leaving them in a little longer..

I'll candle again on Day 10 (Wednesday).

I've had consistently good hatches from the NR360. Most of my lower hatch rates can be explained for reasons other than the incuator.
Thanks for posting your stats! I started writing mine down today so I could learn more. And you keep your humidity around 45% on the first 18 days using this incubator? Mine was higher at first so I’ve lowered it by opening the vent 3/4 of the way.

Thanks for posting your stats! I started writing mine down today so I could learn more. And you keep your humidity around 45% on the first 18 days using this incubator? Mine was higher at first so I’ve lowered it by opening the vent 3/4 of the way.

Yes, I almost always start at 45% and I adjust if needed based on air cell development. Most of these hatches stayed between 45-50% through the entire incubation and I increased to 65% for hatch.

I had to open my vent completely to get the humidity into the high 40s. I also figured out that I had to fill the water pot twice a day or it goes empty overnight and humidity drops into the 30s.

Back
Top Bottom