Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I was the same as you at first. I was at about 55 but after reading why everyone else said, I opened the vent about 3/4 of the way to maintain around 45-50 the whole time. When I added water to B and the chicks started pipping it’s been about 72. I haven’t really been able to get it lower. When I woke up it was 74 and I was nervous it had been that high all night. I read other posts and think it was ok but I still tried taking some water out to lower it to 69. I felt like I almost took all of the water out 😬 hope the rest of these little ones are ok! I think I just added too much water at lock down and should have done it slower.

I added water to Side B during lockdown. My humidity has been around 68-69%. Whenever I add water, it drops to to around 65. Even though the water jug is literally sitting right next to the incubator since I'm trying to keep it at room temperature. It only drops for a minute or two and then climbs back into the upper 60's.

ETA - in the time frame that I started typing this message....I GOT A PIP!!! :celebrate

I was the same as you at first. I was at about 55 but after reading why everyone else said, I opened the vent about 3/4 of the way to maintain around 45-50 the whole time. When I added water to B and the chicks started pipping it’s been about 72. I haven’t really been able to get it lower. When I woke up it was 74 and I was nervous it had been that high all night. I read other posts and think it was ok but I still tried taking some water out to lower it to 69. I felt like I almost took all of the water out 😬 hope the rest of these little ones are ok! I think I just added too much water at lock down and should have done it slower.

Humidity spiking during hatch is actually really normal because of all of that moisture inside the egg. It's also why I tend to wait until right after a chick hatches to take out dry chicks because that newly hatched chicks will keep that humidity in the incubator just fine.

I added water to Side B during lockdown. My humidity has been around 68-69%. Whenever I add water, it drops to to around 65. Even though the water jug is literally sitting right next to the incubator since I'm trying to keep it at room temperature. It only drops for a minute or two and then climbs back into the upper 60's.

ETA - in the time frame that I started typing this message....I GOT A PIP!!! :celebrate
Yay!!! I’m so excited for you!

Here's a picture of our first pip....

Resized_20210116_192950.jpeg

Another question... If the other two eggs are delayed and don't hatch today, is it still OK to move the baby to the brooder by himself? Or should I just leave him in the incubator all day?
I would leave him in there for now.....
....and think/search about how to deal with a single chick if that happens.

Back
Top Bottom