Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

So I candled last night, and it looks like 4 duck eggs our of 17have stoped developing with no veins, one with big blood ring. For those experienced with this incubator hatching ducks, is this a normal number, or does it indicate that there is something I am doing incorrectly?

So I candled last night, and it looks like 4 duck eggs our of 17have stoped developing with no veins, one with big blood ring. For those experienced with this incubator hatching ducks, is this a normal number, or does it indicate that there is something I am doing incorrectly?

Sometimes quitters just happen. How far along in incubation are they?

I officially entered the infamous I Hatch Too Many Eggs To Keep Track Of Them All Club. We took a last minute trip out of state. One final ski day for my husband and kids. I topped off the incubator with extra water based on how long we'd be gone but that was it. Turner will going and everything.

I remembered when we arrived at our destination, 6 hours away, one of the eggs was 5 days ahead in incubation!!! And this incubator seems to hatch most on day 20. There was nothing to be done at that point.

This is what I came home to. A VERY dry perfectly healthy chick in 4° humidity. Egg shell parts were completely destroyed in the tuner. The chicks seems no worse for the wear. I'm guessing it hatched yesterday. So a full 24 hours with the turner going. Thinking of naming him/her Flo-Jo. After the olympic gold medalist hurdler.

This could have ended badly but this little one has had a strong will from the beginning. When I bought these hatching eggs the seller included some that had already been under a hen for an unspecified amount of time. This was one of those "bonus" eggs.

Attachments

• IMG_20210328_172000257.jpg
    IMG_20210328_172000257.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210328_172014016.jpg
    IMG_20210328_172014016.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20210328_172422703.jpg
    IMG_20210328_172422703.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I officially entered the infamous I Hatch Too Many Eggs To Keep Track Of Them All Club. We took a last minute trip out of state. One final ski day for my husband and kids. I topped off the incubator with extra water based on how long we'd be gone but that was it. Turner will going and everything.

I remembered when we arrived at our destination, 6 hours away, one of the eggs was 5 days ahead in incubation!!! And this incubator seems to hatch most on day 20. There was nothing to be done at that point.

This is what I came home to. A VERY dry perfectly healthy chick in 4° humidity. Egg shell parts were completely destroyed in the tuner. The chicks seems no worse for the wear. I'm guessing it hatched yesterday. So a full 24 hours with the turner going. Thinking of naming him/her Flo-Jo. After the olympic gold medalist hurdler.

This could have ended badly but this little one has had a strong will from the beginning. When I bought these hatching eggs the seller included some that had already been under a hen for an unspecified amount of time. This was one of those "bonus" eggs.

Whoa! What a little trooper!

So got our second batch of eggs in. Went from 6 eggs the first time to 15 this time. Is it normal for the humidity to fluctuate with more eggs? Throughout the day it’s constantly going between 50 and 55%. With the 6 I was able to dial it in at 50% and left it alone. This time it’s just constantly moves. I’m sure it’s not an issue but just kinda bugs me

So got our second batch of eggs in. Went from 6 eggs the first time to 15 this time. Is it normal for the humidity to fluctuate with more eggs? Throughout the day it’s constantly going between 50 and 55%. With the 6 I was able to dial it in at 50% and left it alone. This time it’s just constantly moves. I’m sure it’s not an issue but just kinda bugs me

More eggs will release more moisture, so yes the humidity will be higher with more eggs. It shouldn't fluctuate any more than usual though unless you have a crack that is releasing moisture every time they turn or something maybe?

More eggs will release more moisture, so yes the humidity will be higher with more eggs. It shouldn't fluctuate any more than usual though unless you have a crack that is releasing moisture every time they turn or something maybe?
Ok thanks. No cracks. I’m guessing it might just be the weather that’s messing with it then. Started them last Friday and it was mid 60s low humidity then rain Saturday and today colder with rain/snow. So I’m guessing that’s playing with it a bit

Ok thanks. No cracks. I’m guessing it might just be the weather that’s messing with it then. Started them last Friday and it was mid 60s low humidity then rain Saturday and today colder with rain/snow. So I’m guessing that’s playing with it a bit

Yes, the weather definitely plays a role in the humidity inside the Incubator as well.

Back
Top Bottom