Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I guess I’ll add my 2 cents. For me, achieving 45-50% came from opening the vent all the way. Leave B plug in. Then fill A port. When I say fill “A” I mean before setting eggs, pull out all the pieces to expose the “A” and “B” reservoirs. Fill the entire “A” channel until all of the surface is covered with water. At lockdown, do the same with “B” and you should get a constant 70%. Well, I did at least.
This is a very important step a lot of people miss. Filling the well when you have good visibility (turner and base plate removed) the first few times. So you can learn exactly how much water takes per well. Also how it looks deceptively "full" based on the outside well water level when it's actually not even close.

I started with 12 eggs, 2 died during incubation (one in the first week, another in the second week). 10 eggs were put in lockdown on Friday (hatch day Monday 29th), but 9/10 hatched early on day 20. Any thoughts on why this happened? All of them were healthy and yolk was fully absorbed in each one. The last egg I had to help because it pipped in the wrong end of the egg and couldn't zip itself out. The chick I helped also seems to be overall weaker in general, so I hope he'll make it, but the next few days will tell what happens to him. He is eating and drinking though.
How do you clean out your incubator before putting it away? I washed it with just water and soap for now, but I am not sure if I need to do more than that or not.
IMG_1286.JPG

IMG_1327.JPG

IMG_1320.JPG

To me it all depends on where you live and where you have your incubator. I run mine in the laundry room where temp. and humidity fluctuate with the outside weather. My first hatch this year it was colder and less humidity I could run the incubator by the book but now it has warmed up and humidity is higher outside I’ve had to run this whole set with barely any water and the B plug out the entire time just to keep humidity from skyrocketing

I started with 12 eggs, 2 died during incubation (one in the first week, another in the second week). 10 eggs were put in lockdown on Friday (hatch day Monday 29th), but 9/10 hatched early on day 20. Any thoughts on why this happened? All of them were healthy and yolk was fully absorbed in each one. The last egg I had to help because it pipped in the wrong end of the egg and couldn't zip itself out. The chick I helped also seems to be overall weaker in general, so I hope he'll make it, but the next few days will tell what happens to him. He is eating and drinking though.
How do you clean out your incubator before putting it away? I washed it with just water and soap for now, but I am not sure if I need to do more than that or not.
View attachment 2592238
View attachment 2592224
View attachment 2592228

I use a diluted bleach solution to clean mine and then rinse with clean water before drying. You should also run for the incubator for the afternoon after cleaning it, before putting it into storage so that you're not storing it with any possible moisture.

To me it all depends on where you live and where you have your incubator. I run mine in the laundry room where temp. and humidity fluctuate with the outside weather. My first hatch this year it was colder and less humidity I could run the incubator by the book but now it has warmed up and humidity is higher outside I’ve had to run this whole set with barely any water and the B plug out the entire time just to keep humidity from skyrocketing
I’m in Georgia with pretty high humidity. If I completely fill the A resivoir humidity usually spikes up to 55-65 % to compensate for the highs I’ve let it go dry in between hoping it average out. I’ve had consistently good hatch rates that way but it’s kindof a pain & it always irks me to see it out of range. That’s why I’m trying out the wick. Although thinking on it I wonder if filling the b chamber instead of the a would work as it’s smaller and has less surface area.

but 9/10 hatched early on day 20.
Sounds like your temps ran a touch on the high side. I’d bump it down a notch next time around. But congrats on your great hatch! Hope your weak lil one pulls through.

I’m in Georgia with pretty high humidity. If I completely fill the A resivoir humidity usually spikes up to 55-65 % to compensate for the highs I’ve let it go dry in between hoping it average out. I’ve had consistently good hatch rates that way but it’s kindof a pain & it always irks me to see it out of range. That’s why I’m trying out the wick. Although thinking on it I wonder if filling the b chamber instead of the a would work as it’s smaller and has less surface area.

Sounds like your temps ran a touch on the high side. I’d bump it down a notch next time around. But congrats on your great hatch! Hope your weak lil one pulls through.

Have you tried a secondary hygrometer? I wonder if yours isn't reading correctly and that's why it appears to be so high?

Just candled the 15 I started this past Friday. 14 looked good but one looked odd. I’m guessing it’s a blood ring but not sure. That’s the only thing that showed in that egg. The rest all had normal veining.

That egg does look like it likely quit very early (day 2 or so).

I have had it happen once or twice where an egg starts to develop several days later than the others. I always gave those eggs a chance but they quit on me around mid way through incubation. I'd suspect that is a quitter but I'd leave it in for a few more days just in case. :)

Back
Top Bottom