Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

This pile of thermometers is for my IncuView. I have to keep 4 in there at all times because the temperature fluctuates as the chicks develop and if I don't adjust the temps I end up with chicks hatching with hernias.

In the NR360s I just check once every season to make sure it's still working properly. I place the thermometers all over the incubator and there are hot and cold spots but because the turner goes all the way around the incubator in the NR360 it makes up for hot and cold spots so I'm just looking for an average of 99.5, this can look different with eggs in the incubator and I have filled it with eggs, turned off the turner, and placed the thermometers on top of the eggs and it's way more consistent. I never leave the secondary thermometers in the NR360s like I do in the IncuView though and so far I've never needed to adjust the temperature in any of them either. Just in case anyone was curious. Lol!
Yikes on hernias in the incuView! I haven’t encountered that but I do know it fluctuates more than I like. I tend to only use it as back up.

I’m doing so many things different this hatch that if it all goes bad I won’t know what the issue(s) were. I decided to add 2 extra eggs in - so have 24 right now of regular sized eggs. The extra 2 are balanced across from each other on the space separating the inner and outer ring. I marked the top center of the eggs and they turned during the test turning. Not as much as the eggs in the slots did, but more than I expected. I plan on hand turning them a few times a day as I remember to. I expect to have at least a few non development eggs at day 5-7 and get at or under 22 eggs for the rest of the hatch. Since the extra are marked I’ll know if they quit.

Yikes on hernias in the incuView! I haven’t encountered that but I do know it fluctuates more than I like. I tend to only use it as back up.

Same, it's my backup as well. I also use it for larger eggs, such as turkeys and geese because I can still use the auto turner for big eggs in there and yes, towards mid to later incubation with fully developed chicks the temperature will increase in the IncuView but for whatever reason it doesn't register on the IncuView readout so I have to adjust it for almost every hatch. Hence the 4 extra thermometers in every corner of the incubator, lol. I still really like the IncuView, it's not difficult to manage it and it's super easy to clean but I watch it closely to adjust temps.

I’m doing so many things different this hatch that if it all goes bad I won’t know what the issue(s) were. I decided to add 2 extra eggs in - so have 24 right now of regular sized eggs. The extra 2 are balanced across from each other on the space separating the inner and outer ring. I marked the top center of the eggs and they turned during the test turning. Not as much as the eggs in the slots did, but more than I expected. I plan on hand turning them a few times a day as I remember to. I expect to have at least a few non development eggs at day 5-7 and get at or under 22 eggs for the rest of the hatch. Since the extra are marked I’ll know if they quit.

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything too crazy for this incubation! I'm sure if something goes wrong we can figure it out. Early quitters are the ones I don't really have answers for because it can be related to so many different things and eggtopsies rarely reveal anything. If you were to experience and issue at hatch it's usually easier to figure out what happened.

Same, it's my backup as well. I also use it for larger eggs, such as turkeys and geese because I can still use the auto turner for big eggs in there and yes, towards mid to later incubation with fully developed chicks the temperature will increase in the IncuView but for whatever reason it doesn't register on the IncuView readout so I have to adjust it for almost every hatch. Hence the 4 extra thermometers in every corner of the incubator, lol. I still really like the IncuView, it's not difficult to manage it and it's super easy to clean but I watch it closely to adjust temps.
You know, that is ringing a bell about the temps rising at the end. Come to think of it I do Remember adjusting for that. I haven’t hatched in there since November so my memory’s foggy but I’m sure I would have kept a govee in there and checked it periodically for the temp trends. For some reason the incuview in particular really seems to not ‘notice’ changes. When I first got it and tried to calibrate it I got super annoyed because it’s thermometer isn’t even consistent to itself. The nr isn’t super sensitive to small changes but at least it stays pretty consistent and doesn’t climb up.

I'm anxious to follow your results with the extra eggs. Please keep us updated.

I'm anxious to follow your results with the extra eggs. Please keep us updated.
I had success adding a few extra eggs on the top and hand turning them. I added smaller eggs, some were silkie eggs. I wouldn’t recommend large/heavy eggs because it could mess up the turning for the other eggs in the slots. Then, around day 5 to 7 when I took out quitters or non-developers then there was a slot for them.

Shipped eggs are going into lockdown! Blue/Black Silver Birchen Marans, Olive Eggers, Lavender Ameraucanas, and White Ameraucanas!
They were only propped upright in a carton for a few hours before I put them into the horizontal turners in the NR360s. A few of them had to hang out in the IncuView for overflow before I took out clears and quitters. Fingers crossed! :fl

3-31-21 lockdown (2).JPG
3-31-21 lockdown (1).JPG

Has anyone run this incubator on a 12v battery?

I’ve been running the incubator to test it before I pick up my eggs. I’ve had it connected to a UPS (uninterrupted power supply) in case we had a power outage because we lose power a lot out here in the boonies and I wanted to see what would happen. Well today we did. The UPS worked great, had an alarm that actually alerted us to the power outage since we had been outside so weren’t inside to notice any change. It powered the incubator for two hours, but this power outage is predicted to last seven or more hours before a repair will be complete and I’d really like to have a backup for my backup.

I’d be grateful to hear about your experience if you’ve used a 12v battery as a power supply. Thanks.

Has anyone run this incubator on a 12v battery?

I’ve been running the incubator to test it before I pick up my eggs. I’ve had it connected to a UPS (uninterrupted power supply) in case we had a power outage because we lose power a lot out here in the boonies and I wanted to see what would happen. Well today we did. The UPS worked great, had an alarm that actually alerted us to the power outage since we had been outside so weren’t inside to notice any change. It powered the incubator for two hours, but this power outage is predicted to last seven or more hours before a repair will be complete and I’d really like to have a backup for my backup.

I’d be grateful to hear about your experience if you’ve used a 12v battery as a power supply. Thanks.

I haven't personally, no. My friend uses a little generator for the Incubators out at her house in the boonies for when stuff happens that's the only thing I know about a secondary power source.

Back
Top Bottom