Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

For all of us that love the NR 360 here is an amazing resource I just discovered: Bradley, over at ETSY has created some wonderful solutions for those of us hatching duck and large eggs, quail or other small eggs, even emu eggs or has lost or damaged a part. We personally purchased the duck egg turner and that alone is making our lives so much sunnier! Wish we would have had the divider last winter when our power went out and we had to mix all our breeds of eggs in one incubator. Now my grandson says there is no excuse for refusing to hatch an emu egg! I always said it wouldn’t fit in the incubator. But Bradley made this wall extension to lift the lid part higher. Thank goodness our city ordinance only allows chickens or I would be trying to figure out how to extend the chicken run as we all know grandma says “yes” as often as possible! Here is the link and some photos of his products:

I have quail, turkey, and goose turners for mine but a riser to hatch emu!? 👀 Now that has my attention!!!

For all of us that love the NR 360 here is an amazing resource I just discovered: Bradley, over at ETSY has created some wonderful solutions for those of us hatching duck and large eggs, quail or other small eggs, even emu eggs or has lost or damaged a part. We personally purchased the duck egg turner and that alone is making our lives so much sunnier! Wish we would have had the divider last winter when our power went out and we had to mix all our breeds of eggs in one incubator. Now my grandson says there is no excuse for refusing to hatch an emu egg! I always said it wouldn’t fit in the incubator. But Bradley made this wall extension to lift the lid part higher. Thank goodness our city ordinance only allows chickens or I would be trying to figure out how to extend the chicken run as we all know grandma says “yes” as often as possible! Here is the link and some photos of his products:
Thanks!😊 These are genius! I made dividers out of embroidery cards, but these look awesome. I’m going to have to go check these out right now…:wee

For all of us that love the NR 360 here is an amazing resource I just discovered: Bradley, over at ETSY has created some wonderful solutions for those of us hatching duck and large eggs, quail or other small eggs, even emu eggs or has lost or damaged a part.
Got a link, please?

There was someone here on this thread that was selling these parts(on Etsy, I think).

I have this same incubator. The newest version. I foolishly incubated days 1-18 in a non-cat safe area and need to move the incubator for lockdown as peeping, wobbling, and hatching will be irresistable to my kitten and my mouser.

This is my first hatch ever (witness my lack of foresight). How do I safely move this device and my babies to a cat proof room? I'm thinking:
  • Close vent hole.
  • Unplug
  • Take upstairs
  • Take top off and remove egg turner
  • Put down some cord around all the eggs to prevent soccer.
  • Plug back in.
  • Let it set to 21 days
  • Fill B water pot.
  • Let humidity come up to 50%, then open vent fully to let it stabilize between 65-75%.
  • Wait for hatching, hopefully, up to day 25/26. Sniff carefully and regularly.
  • If anyone hatches or something goes stinky, don't open to take them out more often than twice a day, and no more often than once every 6 hours.
The things I don't know about this model:
  1. Will not having the egg turner plugged in affect the fan or humidity generation in any way?
  2. If I have to plug the egg turner in to make things work, is it safe for the chicks to have it trying to turn without the actual turner on it or could there be a ground up extremity?
TIA! Hope y'all can help. Next time I do this in the cat proof room from jump. Cheers!

I have this same incubator. The newest version. I foolishly incubated days 1-18 in a non-cat safe area and need to move the incubator for lockdown as peeping, wobbling, and hatching will be irresistable to my kitten and my mouser.

This is my first hatch ever (witness my lack of foresight). How do I safely move this device and my babies to a cat proof room? I'm thinking:
  • Close vent hole.
  • Unplug
  • Take upstairs
  • Take top off and remove egg turner
  • Put down some cord around all the eggs to prevent soccer.
  • Plug back in.
  • Let it set to 21 days
  • Fill B water pot.
  • Let humidity come up to 50%, then open vent fully to let it stabilize between 65-75%.
  • Wait for hatching, hopefully, up to day 25/26. Sniff carefully and regularly.
  • If anyone hatches or something goes stinky, don't open to take them out more often than twice a day, and no more often than once every 6 hours.
The things I don't know about this model:
  1. Will not having the egg turner plugged in affect the fan or humidity generation in any way?
  2. If I have to plug the egg turner in to make things work, is it safe for the chicks to have it trying to turn without the actual turner on it or could there be a ground up extremity?
TIA! Hope y'all can help. Next time I do this in the cat proof room from jump. Cheers!

You can unplug the turner.

I don't think you would need to close anything to move the incubator. Just move very carefully so you don't drop it. To avoid splashing you could wait until the humidity drops or suck the water out with a turkey baster or something just to avoid the sloshing and put water back in on e you have it where to want it. There are overflow holes in the bottom so don't be surprised if some water comes out when you move it.

Back
Top Bottom