Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Is the plastic on top of cup keeping the slurry from infiltrating the bag?
If so, you may be better off with a smaller slurry container.
It may be blocking it. Will try overnight tonight and be sure the bag doesn't block it

This is how I test the hygrometers that have the openings for air on the back. By propping the meter on the salt-containing lid I ensure adequate air flow for both the meter and the salt slurry. (Please pardon the blurriness of the meter-- my phone's focus always gets the bag, not the display.)

View attachment 3068051
Thank you. Good idea! Will do it again tonight

My shipped eggs come today. I sure hope they arrive in good shape and I can tell what is up with the air cells... I am hoping to give half to my broody and put half in the incubator. Then once hatched give all babies to the broody.

Total count: 13/18
22 set
4 infertile
1 early quitter, day 6
4 late quits, no internal pip.
13 healthy chicks.

6 NHx - 4 clears, 1 late quit
6 blue eggs 3/3 - late quits
3 olives - hatched
2 RIRx - hatched
1 bantam- hatched
4 buffblue- 3 hatched 1 early quit

Fairly certain the 3 late quit blue eggs were from the same hen. Not certain though.

I see this is an old thread but with current posts. I just bought the NR 360 and put the eggs in yesterday, Sunday. I did let the unit run overnight Saturday and temp was 99.5 just like instructions said. After placing eggs in I haven’t been able to get it past 99 degrees. Humidity is at 56%. The house thermostat is set on 72 because any higher and it makes me too hot. I did put a little electric space heater below the table it’s on and that is set on 76 degrees but incubator is still at 99. Will that half degree mess up the hatch? And yes, this is my first ever hatching lol.
E63BC86E-EEA3-43DE-BC94-A70693124D39.jpeg

I see this is an old thread but with current posts. I just bought the NR 360 and put the eggs in yesterday, Sunday. I did let the unit run overnight Saturday and temp was 99.5 just like instructions said. After placing eggs in I haven’t been able to get it past 99 degrees. Humidity is at 56%. The house thermostat is set on 72 because any higher and it makes me too hot. I did put a little electric space heater below the table it’s on and that is set on 76 degrees but incubator is still at 99. Will that half degree mess up the hatch? And yes, this is my first ever hatching lol.View attachment 3068659
Do you have another thermometer in there that you know is right? I have to set mine around 100.5 for the true temp to be 99.5 in there.

Back
Top Bottom