Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

What would you do if you had a power outage while you were incubating? I always worry about that.

I wouldn't open the incubator and I might put a blanket or something around it. If it's a short outage it's unlikely to really harm the hatch but if you know you have a bad storm coming and you live somewhere that commonly loses power then you could plan ahead and put some warm water in bottles under the blanket as well to retain temperature longer.

I wouldn't open the incubator and I might put a blanket or something around it. If it's a short outage it's unlikely to really harm the hatch but if you know you have a bad storm coming and you live somewhere that commonly loses power then you could plan ahead and put some warm water in bottles under the blanket as well to retain temperature longer.
would the hand warmer things work? you know the ones that you shake around and they get warm. they have small hand ones, bigger ones you can use in shoes etc. I had thought of those, but wasn't sure if they would work?

would the hand warmer things work? you know the ones that you shake around and they get warm. they have small hand ones, bigger ones you can use in shoes etc. I had thought of those, but wasn't sure if they would work?

I don't see why not! There are a lot of different things I've seen people do.

I was thinking I'd cover it, too. If it was a long outage I guess I'd be stuffing eggs under broody pigeons.

Hi everyone! We just got our NR 360 today!
I'm running it with an EggOmeter so I can evaluate the temp overnight and set the eggs tomorrow.
That led me to wonder, with the fan in there doesn't that make it a forced air incubator meaning the temp should be set at 100.5?
The last time I incubated was 9 years ago (not counting Broodys). I think I've forgotten more than I ever knew.
Being in Florida I planned to run it dry, so far running empty the humidity is reading 30%. But we are also thoroughly air-conditioned indoors here so we don't melt, I'm not sure if that should change my humidity plans?

Hi everyone! We just got our NR 360 today!
I'm running it with an EggOmeter so I can evaluate the temp overnight and set the eggs tomorrow.
That led me to wonder, with the fan in there doesn't that make it a forced air incubator meaning the temp should be set at 100.5?
The last time I incubated was 9 years ago (not counting Broodys). I think I've forgotten more than I ever knew.
Being in Florida I planned to run it dry, so far running empty the humidity is reading 30%. But we are also thoroughly air-conditioned indoors here so we don't melt, I'm not sure if that should change my humidity plans?

Congrats on getting your incubator! Forced air should be 99.5F.
It sounds like your humidity is higher than mine when running the incubator empty so it might not be so bad once it's filled with eggs. In my environment I can't run the NR360 without some water even though I live in a very humid climate, our AC runs nonstop and my ambient humidity is usually 45% in the house but my incubator is low low without water because the heating element will dry it out even more. I like starting around 45% humidity in the beginning of incubation in the NR360s but if you decide to start lower just keep an eye on the weight or air cell development to see if you need to increase humidity. Again, this is based on my personal preference and experiences but I do feel the hatches go more smoothly when I add water throughout incubation. Good luck!

Congrats on getting your incubator! Forced air should be 99.5F.
It sounds like your humidity is higher than mine when running the incubator empty so it might not be so bad once it's filled with eggs. In my environment I can't run the NR360 without some water even though I live in a very humid climate, our AC runs nonstop and my ambient humidity is usually 45% in the house but my incubator is low low without water because the heating element will dry it out even more. I like starting around 45% humidity in the beginning of incubation in the NR360s but if you decide to start lower just keep an eye on the weight or air cell development to see if you need to increase humidity. Again, this is based on my personal preference and experiences but I do feel the hatches go more smoothly when I add water throughout incubation. Good luck!

Thanks a bunch!
Yeah our typical outdoor humidity here is about 100% (kidding!). But you are not that far from us.
I read back quite a ways in this thread, wondering if there was anything particular to this incubator to be aware of, is there any post or page(s) a new user should see?
So far I've been working on learning the lid, lol.

Going in tomorrow are 14 Ameraucana eggs from our new girls. Not certain if they are fertile, and I don't want to sacrifice any to check, so this may be a very short first run with it. But here's hoping!

Thanks a bunch!
Yeah our typical outdoor humidity here is about 100% (kidding!). But you are not that far from us.
I read back quite a ways in this thread, wondering if there was anything particular to this incubator to be aware of, is there any post or page(s) a new user should see?
So far I've been working on learning the lid, lol.

Going in tomorrow are 14 Ameraucana eggs from our new girls. Not certain if they are fertile, and I don't want to sacrifice any to check, so this may be a very short first run with it. But here's hoping!

Once you set the eggs in the incubator just make sure to reset the number of days to hatch back to 21. The turner automatically shuts off 3 days prior to hatch so you always want to make sure to reset the days. Other than that it's all pretty straight forward but if you have any questions, feel free to ask! There are lots of very helpful people that pop into this thread now and then. :) Good luck on your hatch!

ok dumb question and not sure where to ask so thought maybe here. Do chicken eggs wiggle around like I hear other people say about other eggs do when they get close to pipping? or will my egg just hang out in the same position until it starts to hatch and really work its way out of the shell? will I easily be able to hear peeps after it internally pips?

Back
Top Bottom